Custom stereo pics

jimslick

Crunching Gears
First Name
jim
Drive
99 vr4
STOKED bought a set of MB Quart premium series 6.5 splits and an old Kicker two channel amp( i love these old kicker amps go so much harder than the new ones) off a guy in the Quokka for $550. my mate's got the signiture series Quarts in his hummer-like $1500 but so so good

jimslick

Crunching Gears
First Name
jim
Drive
99 vr4
oh and what i think he's trying to say is that he's sealing the door completey so it act's as a speaker box instead of the sound preasure escaping out the holes..

G

Unregistered
Stezza's Kyrgyzstan Style

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

Adams stereo install (write up coming)

G

Unregistered
new additions. im adding an alpine IVA-W502E next week and dynaudio splits

G

Unregistered
ive got my 2 amps under the flooring in the boot . * when u look at your boot u have a peice that lifts up on either side of the main floor , that once u take the top off have a bit of a drop away .. guess so u can store stuff .* so i can just put the floor peice over them so it doesnt look like anything is there . works fine but sometimes it gets a little warm . so looking at cutting out 2 holes in both the floor peices and putting a fan to pull air in and a fan to pull air out . has any 1 thaught of this or even tried it so i know if itll work well or not

G

Unregistered
Stu,

Can't add much right now, but I have a mate working on a similar setup as you described. Should be finished within a week, I can't bloody wait!! :D

Most likely replacing the stock tray that sits above the spare with a custom MDF floor that has amp/monoblock & battery. Its not in yet so I'm not sure about airflow heat.

Either way its stealthy-as. Legnums come with cool hidden storage space, about time we used it to its potential!

G

Unregistered
how much did you pick your w502e up for ? if i may ask ?? myne cost me $1540

i had the w202e in my vy but it was very basic and you cant hook imprint up to it !! hehhe imprint ahhh almost hands free (except tunning the amps)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
That's a lot of money. Just out of interest, do you guys think you get value for time and money out of your custom stereos?

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
i spent about

$300 = mtx splits
$170 = mtx 2way
$500 = alpine amps from friend
$150 = sub
$100 = wiring
$300 = sony head unit about to be installed via gps dvd unit with rca's
$50 = mdf and all that

so about $1500 worth. i think that was just enough for me. bit of a sub-bass, decent clarity and volume. Not enough to turn the heads but enough for me to raise my heart beat on my may to work and back everyday.

I could have spend more money but not that rich.

matter of it worth it or not is depending how much you love your music and your car. Some may call someone an idiot when they spend lose to 5,6k's on thier stereos but i totally understand why they are doing it and as long as they can afford them it is worth it.

G

Unregistered
i dont want to think about it with a wardrobe full of Alpine type R gear

when you dont have a mrs to waste your money on it has to go somewhere right ?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah not having a go at anyone in this thread in any way at all, just interested cos it is something I don't fully understand.

I absolutely love music BTW, if I had to choose between cars and music I'd take music.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
when you dont have a mrs to waste your money on it has to go somewhere right ?

:ROFLMAO:

I have about $2.5k between the 2 cars

All Alpine/Clarion/RF.... Good gear and worth it IMO. I listen to it flat out all the time!

G

Unregistered
Yeah not having a go at anyone in this thread in any way at all, just interested cos it is something I don't fully understand.

I absolutely love music BTW, if I had to choose between cars and music I'd take music.

well its all about clarity if you want it clear and loud and bass thats where all the money goes i have 7 boxs of speakers subs and a head deck and 2 amps i would say 5 grand would be a good ball park figure not including cables and the sub box

you can go dirty big ass bass witch most bogans have in there fords rampage subs and sony speaks cost prob 1500 for a set if not less now distortion plays its part also due to dogy "set ups" wiring laid near power cable with rca's or speaker cables ran near power cable all plays into it

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
you can go dirty big ass bass witch most bogans have in there fords rampage subs and sony speaks cost prob 1500 for a set if not less now distortion plays its part also due to dogy "set ups" wiring laid near power cable with rca's or speaker cables ran near power cable all plays into it

My pet hate....

Its all about clarity (Well, not for everyone.... SPL monsters i can appreciate though :))

G

Unregistered
My pet hate....

Its all about clarity (Well, not for everyone.... SPL monsters i can appreciate though :))

ooooo yeah spl just makes me want to fill my car with subs and amps heheh yeah that shit is bowel tingling goodness how good is the bass smashing through your body its like ahhhhhhhhhh lol

hearing the bogans sound systems make me angry instantly arrrggghhh

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
ooooo yeah spl just makes me want to fill my car with subs and amps heheh yeah that shit is bowel tingling goodness how good is the bass smashing through your body its like ahhhhhhhhhh lol

hearing the bogans sound systems make me angry instantly arrrggghhh

I come from the land of bogan sound systems where everyone is a qualified installer..... Seriously, just ask them :banghead:

G

Unregistered

I come from the land of bogan sound systems where everyone is a qualified installer..... Seriously, just ask them :banghead:

god so im guessing the local super cheap or auto barn stores for rca leads and earthing off the boot light ??

dont get me started on earthing on the boot lights !!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
god so im guessing the local super cheap or auto barn stores for rca leads and earthing off the boot light ??

dont get me started on earthing on the boot lights !!

WTF!? Boot light!? :banghead:

And i get all my gear through autobarn but they are the regional dealer here for RF, Alpine, Clarion, MB Quartz etc :)

G

Unregistered
WTF!? Boot light!? :banghead:

And i get all my gear through autobarn but they are the regional dealer here for RF, Alpine, Clarion, MB Quartz etc :)

hve you never seen the ground wire for the amp ran tothe negitive on the boot light with the boot light hanging out ??

wow i have worked on at least 4 cars with the negtive boot light "feature" its horrible i should takea photo of it !!

yah i got my rcas from autobarn too im just talking about the shit stuff in general sorry lol

oh oh i got another one !! ummm i have a bg stero system in my car and wen the car is off and jus on accessories its fine but as soon as i turn it on i hear this ticking noise and a slight humming (obvisly the goose has run the rcas too close to the ecu) so i pull the kick panel off and hey the idiot has run the rca's the frount speakerwire in between the LOOM OF THE ECU about a 10 mm from the box it self !! and the power wire running beside all that too wouldnt have helped !! that will be 100 bucks cha ching

i dont know how ppl can do it run shit dogey and have wires everywhere !! my last car took me 1 day and a half to wire i dont know if its just me but im anal about my wiring im not slow it just has to be in a place of no interferance even though everything is sheilded or triple sheilded

Top Bottom