Custom stereo pics

G

Unregistered
oh and theyonly use like the wire you get sometimes with speakers the real thin stuff i think its 12 gauge !!

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
some proper jobs can take a long time and alot of effort. Due to the competitive nature of the business, many places cut corners and the result.... pretty bad.. i have learnt the proper way from a friend of mine who's works were presented in the autosalon. well, i am the still the beginner but still, i spend few hours just to lay out the lines.

boot lights? thats just shocking.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
spilt battery acid in my boot and need to re-carpet it,so i thought id make some new panels with 6x9s in there,not completed yet though
14012009298.jpg

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
My stomach just collapsed on itself......

Install looks good, but 6x9's???

Sorry, i'm just part of the "I HATE 6x9's group" lol.....

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
My stomach just collapsed on itself......

Install looks good, but 6x9's???

Sorry, i'm just part of the "I HATE 6x9's group" lol.....

I had Sansui 6x9s in my old '75 and I loved them! :bigsmile:

Sorry, this might be another example of me not really understanding car stereos...

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
yer theyve been sitting in my room for a year since i bought the legnum and thought why not fill more space and make my system louder and clearer,so i put them there,and if i dont like them i can easily just swap that little panel over to the factory ones and itll be like they were never there

G

Unregistered
yeah i run under carpet i dont do down the scuff plates only if i really have to but mates cars i just run under scuff plates takes couple of hours but always take ages on myne im just finicky . im not a professional i just run wires lol !!!

yeah sorry also part of 6x9 haters club !!

do you have a sub ??

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
yer theyve been sitting in my room for a year since i bought the legnum and thought why not fill more space and make my system louder and clearer,so i put them there,and if i dont like them i can easily just swap that little panel over to the factory ones and itll be like they were never there

Thats true..... I do like how you have installed them though! Very factory and very tidy. Problem is they are too far away from the driver to hear them :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
yeah i run under carpet i dont do down the scuff plates only if i really have to but mates cars i just run under scuff plates takes couple of hours but always take ages on myne im just finicky . im not a professional i just run wires lol

Yeah i'm under carpet too..... Power down one side, RCA's down the other, earthed to the rear seats mount.

Took me friggen ages to run leads in mine!!!

G

Unregistered
Yeah i'm under carpet too..... Power down one side, RCA's down the other, earthed to the rear seats mount.

Took me friggen ages to run leads in mine!!!

hehe nice to see some one that takes there time and takes pride in there wiring :ROFLMAO:

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
hehe nice to see some one that takes there time and takes pride in there wiring :ROFLMAO:

When I ran power to the boot of my Celsior (I put an xbox in there for a laugh) I ran the wire from the battery into the inner guard, over the door hinge and in through the door. Is that frowned upon? :ROFLMAO:

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
no sub,just 6 speakers,all R types,fill the car a little more,i was just bored and had to re-carpet the boot so thought id see how they turned out

G

Unregistered
no sub,just 6 speakers,all R types,fill the car a little more,i was just bored and had to re-carpet the boot so thought id see how they turned out

nice work looks good though you may have to dial loads more into the 6x9s as they will have to be louder than the other speakers cause will have a delay cause they have further to travel to get to you

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
How big is the box below the 6x9's? They are designed for free air, so dont do too well without a lot of air behind them...

Do you also have an amp installed?

J

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
+1 6x9 haters group ;) They are good for cars with no sub but IMO useless when car has sub and components already.

Your idea of the mdf board in factory location is sound (no pun intended); would look good with carpet to match the boot; my only concern would be, "Oh just put that in the boot... watch out for the *crack* ... never mind ..."

Let us know how they sound with the massive distance between you and them.

G

Unregistered
Let us know how they sound with the massive distance between you and them.

agreed but if he dials more positive gain on the deck for the rear speakers wouldnt that make up for it ?? as more power mean it would be louder then by the time it gets to the driver it should be sounding the same !! correct me if im wrong

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
well im running the same power to all 6 speakers at the moment and the bass from the rear is a lot louder,it doesnt seem to sound weird at all,but i crashed the car a couple nights ago so itll be off the road for at least a month while i fix it,ill get back to the speakers once its done

G

Unregistered
well im running the same power to all 6 speakers at the moment and the bass from the rear is a lot louder,it doesnt seem to sound weird at all,but i crashed the car a couple nights ago so itll be off the road for at least a month while i fix it,ill get back to the speakers once its done

sh*t howd you do that ?

W

w1k3d

Unregistered

Shit mate, hope your ok... Sorry to hear.

If you provide more power to the rear speakers it will be louder and will compensate some what for the delay; but in professional sound the delay is compensated by the amp and the rate of output is changed from the other speakers to ensure at the point of intersect the audio is at the same timing. This is not usually a problem in a car even for our leggy's as they aren't long enough; although you may hear a little of this happening.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
double din dvd + single sony combo

hi guys. after making a stealth sub box, it was impossible to tune it right with bad output from the double din e-bay dvd player. it only had high, low, loud on off.

so i installed sony unit with rca input with 3 rca outputs at the sunglass holder area.
this sony deck has many options with outputs including 2 base ranged, 3 mid rages and 2treb rages. Sub output levels and ete,ete,ete... yes.. i personally prefer alpines or pioneers but this is what i have and did not want to spend more money to it and has pretty good control of outputs.
i clipped it out, trim the side parts where id was clipped on to (it was bit small). somehow it rests on ok
just fitted.. have not done to final tune yet. only rough tuneing to the lateness of the night
i need to find the way to cover the sides. but that's later on.
here is the rought diagram of my set-up (damm it is hard to write with mouse)
result?

sounds pretty good. the stealth sub box was alright.. not very deep but thats what you get for small box anyway.. pretty happy at the moment but will fine tune it on the weekend and then hide all the wires under the carpet.

Attachments

• stereo1.JPG
    stereo1.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 126
  • stereo2.JPG
    stereo2.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 274
  • stereo3.JPG
    stereo3.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 273
Top Bottom