Dan // Brisbane

G

Unregistered
Hi Everyone,

Been lurking for a while now and decided to join. I'm looking at getting a Legnum in the next few months so have been reading everything I can find and scoping out the import dealers here in Brisbane on the weekends, haven't had a drive of one yet though...will go via a broker when it comes to the crunch though, dealer margins are just too high.

My current drive is a 7G Galant (pic attached) with the 2.0L 6A12 motor that I've had for quite a few years now, great car but needs more power! I think I'm one of what seems like six people who actually drive them in Australia! I remember when Iron Chef/Kristian had his 8G Galant VR4 for sale a few years ago and did the sums to see if I could grab it at the time, which I couldn't, so thanks for helping push the SEVS compliance through Kristian and giving us all access to the 8G models.

Great resource here and good to see a community forming, thanks to all of you who have already got them, very handy for those of us still looking to grab one.

Dan

Attachments

• normal_galant_fl.jpg
    normal_galant_fl.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 21

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
G'day Dan.

The 8G seems like the perfect step up from what you have now.

What model & specs do you have in mind for the Legnum ?

G

Unregistered
Hi Hawks,

I have a few things I'd like but am pretty flexible, especially if a good deal comes up. I'd prefer a facelift model, preferably as late as possible with low k's, leather, manual, in white, black or grey.

In saying that the 2002 model on Iron Chef now looks like a good buy, very similar to yours and at a good price.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
G'day Dan, welcome to the forums :) When you say grey, do you mean silver?? I'd seriously consider adding Trigger Mauve (Purple) to that list of possibilities - that really is such a fantastic colour... and far more reasonable if you REALLY want a manual - there are so few around!

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Welcome to the forum, shouldn't take you long to find one with the specs that you want. Just keep looking :)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Hey welcome to the forums Dan! If you stick to your guns, the specs you want will eventually come up ;)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Welcome Dan and good luck with ya search, I am sure you will be happy with whatever you get in the end :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
welcome, what you're planning now was what i planned 6 months ago.. hehe..

hope you get what you want.. goodluck..

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
My current drive is a 7G Galant (pic attached) with the 2.0L 6A12 motor that I've had for quite a few years now, great car but needs more power! I think I'm one of what seems like six people who actually drive them in Australia!

Not quite! My brother has a silver 7G v6 with sunroof, and my boss happens to have a maroon 7g as well! But yes, they are pretty rare, and parts are bloody expensive for them! We got stuck in Lorne last year after the falls festival - my brother ended up extending his holiday by 6 days waiting on parts to arrive!

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Welcome to OzVr4, good to see another queenslander on the site, I know you havnt got ur VR4 yet however be sure to check out the QLD sub forum for future meets, come along and have a perve at our cars. In saying that, I hav'nt been to a meet as of yet LOL.

G

Unregistered
Thanks for the welcome, given time (and the right car!) I hope to be more active on here. Until then I'll continue to lurk and learn.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Gidday mate, yeah I know how it is just scope it out and the right one will come

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Good luck with the hunt but really seeing as your in Queensland you will have the pick of the bunch locally.

G

Unregistered
Good luck with the hunt but really seeing as your in Queensland you will have the pick of the bunch locally.

Yeah it seems that way. I'm just watching and waiting, in 3 months I'll be able to pay cash outright so I'll probably wait until then unless an offer/car too good to pass up comes along.

Top Bottom