Dave from Adelaide

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
Hey all,

I'm Dave from northern suburbs Adelaide, am just in inital talks to get a Legnum as my turbo TX3 has just been sold and the 04 Focus is up on the chopping block as well.

I'm hoping to have a look at one in the flesh before jumping in as I'm not a small guy and have difficulties with cars lacking room (6'3" & 130kg) so if any cruises are coming up in the near future I'd like to attend! :)

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Mate,

There's plenty of room in the VR4's, think of them about the same size as a Magna... If you fit in a Focus you shouldn't have any worries...

Bogan Bob and myself are keen to get a gathering happening soon as more people have their cars in Adelaide... Which shouldn't be too far, so stay tuned...

BTW - Welcome to the forum :)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Welcome to the forum !!

A few of the SA blokes should be able to help you out :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
G'day Dave, welcome to the forums :)

Being an Adeladeian, you might like to talk to Kristian, our own Iron Chef Importer. He's an extremely helpful bloke who will be happy to let you take a look at one of his cars. Check out his page of the forums, or his website here.

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll love these fantastic examples of Japanese engineering! :D

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Hey all, thanks for the welcome. I'd definitely be up for any meetup, as long as I'm in the state (in Cairns, FNQ at the moment for work).

Yeah I've contacted Kristian, but he's off on holidays at the moment so I don't want to bother him too much, plus I need to figure out what I'm going to do for transport in the mean time once the Focus is sold :)

Just an FYI the Focus is MUCH bigger than you might imagine, I struggle to get in and out of the BF Falcon company car I have up here, as I keep belting my head on the roof line and it feels pretty cramped, whereas the Focus I have masses of room, go figure!

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Just an FYI the Focus is MUCH bigger than you might imagine, I struggle to get in and out of the BF Falcon company car I have up here, as I keep belting my head on the roof line and it feels pretty cramped, whereas the Focus I have masses of room, go figure!

Heaps more room than in a Fiesta, Focus or Toyota Corolla. (driven/owned them all). The same as a Magna wagon (with a little less leg room in the rear due to the drivetrain)
Just be aware that the drivers seating position is a lot 'lower' than all of them - which really allows you to stretch out the legs.

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Heaps more room than in a Fiesta, Focus or Toyota Corolla. (driven/owned them all). The same as a Magna wagon (with a little less leg room in the rear due to the drivetrain)
Just be aware that the drivers seating position is a lot 'lower' than all of them - which really allows you to stretch out the legs.

Ah excellent, and more than happy with the lower seating position, I'm usually looking out of the very top of the windshield due to my height.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Welcome aboard Dave! Compared to a Magna, I feel the Legnum seems to envelope you a bit more, making you feel more "one" with the machine. Either it's my twisted sense of reality or those damn good factory fitted Recaros :D

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey not to put a spanner in the works at all but the VR4 (IMO) seat sits high... I don't get that low feeling at all... It's quite comfortable to get in and out of unlike my old NX Coupe that felt like doing a kung fu back to feet maneuver...

Still nice amount of room though....

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Hey not to put a spanner in the works at all but the VR4 (IMO) seat sits high... I don't get that low feeling at all... It's quite comfortable to get in and out of unlike my old NX Coupe that felt like doing a kung fu back to feet maneuver...

Still nice amount of room though....

Lower than the three I mentioned.. I forget how it compares to the NX - that's something I haven't driven for about six months, but I do remember that being a total pain in the arse to get in and out of!

np - I have cloth trim interior with SRS airbags built into the front seats. No idea how these compare to the recaros or leather.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
You did say that! Sorry mate... Yeah NX Suxs when you get a bit of a gut...

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
They're even worse when you're stuck in the backseat, with no aircon, in Cairns, with taller people in the front seats! haha..

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Hey Man welcome to the forum, im hopeing you wont have any problems with space as im 6'4" 108kg's and still havnt driven one but mine should be here any week now, i will let you know when i get it as to how i fit :)

Hope to get to the adelaide meet myself so might catch you then

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Jeebus! How tall are all of you ladies and gents? I'm only 5ft 9" :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
On non-recaro seats you have two little knobs that you can use to adjust the height of the seat up and down by about 3 inches or so. They make a big difference!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Hey Dave, welcome along. As Matt said, we're attempting to sort out a meet in the next week or 2, so check the SA section for details.

BTW im 6'6 and have no real dramas fitting in the car height wise ;)

G

Unregistered
Easy fit mate im 6'2 height is not a problem,
if u are worried just make sure u get a Leggy with a Moonroof,
stick ya noggen out that.

G

Unregistered
I don't see height being an issue with a leggy. Rode shotgun in Bogan bob's and it wasn't something I noticed - like being in a very quick taxi :p

I've never had a problem even with smaller jap cars like rx7's. However, I know that you'd be hard pressed to fit a helmet in one, not sure about helmets and vr4's though.

Top Bottom