Dickson Pits inspection

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
2000 type S, Manual and Recaro's
Hi all,
just after some other users feedback on getting a Legnum through Dickson pits (or cars with a few mods in general).
I have done a bit of checking around and apparently any import being registered in the ACT for the first time (includes cars that have been previously registered interstate) are required to be inspected at the Dickson motor registry, this is contrary to the info provide by Canberra connect staff, but such is life.

So, can anyone advise how the inspectors there react to the following mods;

Front mount cooler, its pretty large, however the impact bar has not been "modified" to allow fitment,
Pod filter, the current owner advised that he may have the standard air box still, so if he does I will be swapping to this,
Large exhaust, not sure if it is legal or not, do they SPL check at the pits?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Pants

Crunching Gears
First Name
Robert
Drive
1999 Legnum & 2004 GSX-R750
I moved up from Melbourne. Went to Gas Tune in tuggers and had it inspected. Had to remove the dark tints off the rear windows and remove the bleed valve in the engine bay. Apart from that it was fine. No mods though apart from coilovers, braided brake lines and 18" rims. Had to take a bike through dickson due to write off repair but that was reasonably painless...

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
So you did not need to take your import through Dickson even on its first Canberra rego?

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
Was that recently.

noony

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
Black 99 FL
Try your luck...get a normal slip and just go in and try pay for it anywhere but Dickson...

They will hate the pod filter, but the rest should be fine. They normally only do an ID check rather than another inspection...

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
I think that will be the plan, I will be getting a stock airbox with the car (previous owner kept all original parts) so will probably fit that prior to going getting it inspected. Having said that, the pod is in a sealed box, so may not be an issue anyway. was more concerned about the front mount, as that would be a pain to change out.

Top Bottom