Dirty VR4

G

Unregistered
Hey just wonderng if any1 on here had gotten their vr4 covered in mud before, and if they knew the best way to clean the underside of the car in the cheapest and easiest way ive tried hosing but it doest get everywhere. Is there a good cleaning solution to use?

Attachments

• DSC05061.JPG
    DSC05061.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC05063.JPG
    DSC05063.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC05062.JPG
    DSC05062.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 24
G

Unregistered
Yeah i was gonna try that

But the car was too low to get over the nozzles i was thinking about adjusting the height but it would be too much hassle. I need something that i can just spray on that eats the dirt but doesnt damage the car in any way.

G

Unregistered
Meant to say was gonna try

that underbody carwash thing

G

Unregistered
Yeah it was fun but at the same time i was kinda worried, it was awesome doin a bit of rally driving but there werent any fences on the road. someone told us that the road we went on was the fastest way there they didnt say it was an hours worth of gravel and mud

G

Unregistered
haha, if you want to do rally driving buy an EVO !! :p

How did it handle the offroad?

G

Unregistered
I didnt wanna do any rally driving honestly... but it was heaps of fun sliding around and getting muddy. It handled really well for a wagon and with the power it was awesome. dont think i will do it again in a hurry though...

G

Unregistered
yeah i might try hire one i really need a pit like in a workshop so i can get under it

G

Unregistered
isnt that photo you took at a carwash? dont they have them?

just spray under there with the gun... and drive through every puddle you see.. it will come off eventually :p

G

Unregistered
Yeah they have the waterblasters but i cant get to every little spot its annoying

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Andrew, you need to get the mud wet again and then it will run straight off. If I were you for the underbody I'd jack one end of the car right up and stick some tall axle stands under it, then get under there with a hose connected to warm or hot water. If you don't have an external tap with hot water you can always run a long hose through your laundry or something. If you can hire a high-pressure gun with a detergent reservoir that would be even better! Just give it constant spray for five to ten minutes and I doubt there will be any mud left after that :)

BTW I do NOT recommend using very high pressure too close to the car nor while there is still visible mud, as you will scratch your paint! Reasonable tap pressure through a garden nozzle should be all you need with warm water and detergent.

G

Unregistered
Cheers for that Trevor i will give that a go, i'll have to borrow some good axle stands then

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Woohoo. You must have had some fun getting it that dirty.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
haha nice one!

I'd hose most of it off with a normal hose, or you could go to one of the touchless car washes, most Mobil stations have them now.

Top Bottom