Does it have AYC or TLC?

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
What is the definitive test for AYC and TLC?

Trying to import a Legnum vr4. Would prefer AYC and TLC.

Now I thought the type S models (post 1998) had AYC. Auction report stated 1999 type S, but agent reports no AYC lights on the dash display.

What instructions/things to look for do I give the agent to make sure it has AYC and TLC?

Thanks

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
All prefacelifts have AYCType S facelifts have AYC, these are recognisable by the wheel arch flares, high vis dash in earlier models and standard boot spoiler. If you know the chassis number or have some pics we could identify it for you.

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
What is the definitive test for AYC and TLC?

Trying to import a Legnum vr4. Would prefer AYC and TLC.

Now I thought the type S models (post 1998) had AYC. Auction report stated 1999 type S, but agent reports no AYC lights on the dash display.

What instructions/things to look for do I give the agent to make sure it has AYC and TLC?

Thanks

I think that all prefacelifts had the option of TCL and AYC but only the Type-S got AYC standard. However, from what i know the facelifts do not come with TCL at all (no models of the VR4), but they all have AYC.The guy on CVR4 have covered all of this. Feel free to correct me, but I know there is a lot of crossed messages.
Also no manuals had TCL...
Hope that helps

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
you're right about no manuals having tcl or asc, but all prefacelifts have AYC, and only Type S facelifts have AYC, as I said above. You are right about the TCL thing and facelifts, I've never seen a facelift with it.

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
Hmmmmm

AYC is not mentioned in those specs for any types, any year. Traction control is mentioned, and is supposedly an option on the facelift type S yet people here say it is never present on the type S.

I am wondering if in those specs TLC and AYC is being confused.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
That link is actually invalid now...you don't happen to have any pics on your computer?

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
They are the same links as previous - and neither mentions AYC. They mention traction control - which is different.

The auction site links die after a day or so. I didn't download any of the pictures.

The picture was just a facelift 1999 legnum. How you can tell if it has AYC from the outside?

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
A facelift with AYC will have flares on the guards :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Marty, as stated all Type S Series 2 VR4s have AYC. TCL was an option, but apparently only for autos... and no one has ever seen a series 2 with it, as far as online forum clubs go *shrugs*

Here's the Wikipedia link relating specifically to the 8th gen Galant VR4

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
Thanks for that.

The car did have flares on the guards and was written up as a type S, but the agent said there was no AYC.

I am beginning to think he was just looking at the wrong spot on the dash, or got confused with TCL (the button in front of your right knee rather than the AYC lights on the dash).

So basically

Type S = flares = AYC

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
It is of course possible to put the wheel arches onto a Type V, so it is never a guarentee without seeing a picture of the dash.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
There aren't many Type V's around, S's were sold in much great numbers. I do know of at least one V with flares on it though.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
yeah that one should have AYC.

He obviously isn't looking for the right thing. At the bottom of the dash under the revcounter there is a little AYC logo there that will light up with 3 green bars when the car is first turned on.

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
I'll give it another try. It will cost me $220 or so if I ditch him.

MS

Top Bottom