Does OBD II tool scaner fit?

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
1999 galant vr4 twin turbo
will a OBD II tool scanner fit my 99 galant? as it says it dose on the net but wont tell me what model of galant

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Search here for what others use and posting in the right section may help attract appropriate answers from helpful members.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Sorry but you made the same mistake twice, so I feel compelled to point out:

dose
dəʊs/Submit
noun
a quantity of a medicine or drug taken or recommended to be taken at a particular time.
"he took a dose of cough mixture"
synonyms: amount, quantity, measure, portion, dosage, drench, draught; More

does
dʌz/Submit
third person singular present of do.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
And short answer is, it will connect but there is very little information you will get from it. Our JDM cars are not OBDII compliant like the USDM galants, which all post 1996 had to be OBDII compliant. The list would refer to USDM cars.

You really need a tool that can communicate the Mitsubishi proprietary communication (MUT) such as EvoScan with the correct cable.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Be specific. You've gotta give us more info to work with i.e. a link to the scanner you're contemplating purchasing? There's a myriad of choices.
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?9829-How-To-Make-your-own-datalogging-cable < last few posts, Jimbo says the cable I found on eBay works with evoscan.
Once you've got and modified the cable as per thread, evoscan will show DTCs and log ECU parameters.
Otherwise, if you just want to read stored codes, check link in my sig.
There's a whole sub-section in the forum for ECUs & Tuning, to which I've moved this thread to.

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
Its to scan my immobilizer since my fuel pump and coils packs aint working

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Vr4 never had factory imobiliser like lancer, magna. If you've got an after market one, then scan tool won't help anyways.

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
what dose the fuel pump resistor do is it needed cause I came across one in my car? I ooked the part number up and its off an evo 9

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
and if my car doesn't have an immobiliser in it why isn't my coil packs firing when got power to them? so I dare say the must be some type of immobiliser in there somewhere

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
cheers mate I don't a dia scan got 2 long abs lights and two quick abs lights so dose this mean its my Input Shaft Speed Sensor? and got 1 long flash and 2 quick ones and is this fault my Throttle Position Sensor just want to clarify before fixing

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
sorry crank angle and throttle position sensor*

Top Bottom