DOTARS said backlog should be cleared by end of this week :-)

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
woop! Kristian just delivered the good news that my car just got plates assigned! Maybe the backlog is clearing!

Wes I hope that includes yours too?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
If they Oz manufacturers made performance cars that made us stop looking overseas...then they wouldn't have a problem. Until they pull their finger out, however, they can suffer.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
mines still not there thou, but either is yours Simon :-(

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
good new for me!!

my car is done! comes up on the dotars site also! i thoughti t was a 97 but its actually a 98 prefacelift! lol

May have it on Saturday but possibly next week as there were some dents and a scratch that needed to be repaired first..... Im gueesing it will be next saturday..... but still least i know its through now! good luck guys

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
fingers crossed *

I hope mine doesn't get held up too much.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
mine is done but doesnt come up on the dotars site yet. Do you need a plate number to enter?

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Simon, same thing happend with mine, they said it was done last week, but didnt come up on the site... then they called me today and said the plate is on its way and i checke with 6U... in front of the Vin and it came up today, yet yesterday it didnt... check it gain later today you might get lucky? good luck mate

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
well guys... i get the car tommorow around lunch time!! im wrapped, cant wait... except gunna be a boring drive back to the sunshine coast from brisbane with no tunes... but at least i got the car...! good luck guys with your waits, im sure it will be worth it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Easy - just take an iPod or the nearest portable equivalent ;)

Enjoy the drive dude, I'm jealous as hell! :D

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
thanks trevor

nah dont like the idea of headphones when driving... dont want to attract negative attention from the police.. my front windows are tinted yet. ...

ill just enjoy the note from the 6a13tt through the 3" exhaust... :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
yep...
they want it to be as hard, and as expensive as possible to buy an un-australian car.

What shits me the most is the social stigma attached to owning/buying an "imported" car, some how its "fancy" to have a Merc or BMW. The fact of the matter is that 95% of all cars on the road are imported, be it a hummer or a barina, just cuz it has a local badge dont make it local.
Dotars is correct, from the time I recieve a car:::
1. Inspection.
2. road test.
3. Compliance.
4. Submit
And it should be on the road in 2 weeks from landing, 3 outside.

Not so sure this critisism of the Gov is warrented as we have had no probs with V35 R33 or R34 in the last month or so.

Top Bottom