DOTARS said backlog should be cleared by end of this week :-)

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Hey everyone, i sent an email from my government email address requesting information about the backlog of cars and the hold up there has been on getting them complied. following is the reply.

"Dear Mr Trounce
I cannot give you specific details regarding the processing of any particular vehicle as any dealings between a Registered Automotive Workshop and DOTARS are held as commercial in confidence. I can advise, however, that the time required for the processing of Vehicle Inspection Certificates and preparation of approvals for the plating of vehicles is longer than the usual level.

There is certainly more to this process than simply ticking a box including assessment of the certificate to ensure that evidence of compliance is held for all applicable Australian Design Rules and that the details of the vehicle conform with a sample vehicle as required by the RAWS legislation (under the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989).

We are currently working on a number of measures to reduce the processing time in both the short and medium term and I expect the bulk of the additional queue will be cleared this week (ending 5 October) or early next week.

Thank you for your email.

Yours sincerely

Mark Terrell
Section Leader
RAWS
Vehicle Safety Standards"

just thought i would let everyone know the outcome of the chasing i was doing with dotars hopefully we will start to see things move soon, and thats good news for everyone :)

thanks everyone

Wes Trounce

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
yeh my car finally received transfer approval (from RCC to Shogun) last week. So shogun complied my car immediately, and now were just waiting for the document on my car to clear before a plate application can be made. My car should be only 2-3 weeks away!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
HA good work Wes. At least they are acknowledging that there is a back log and longer wait than normal.

I wonder what they are doing to reduce times in the long run.......

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Well done mate, mine is in there aswell damn it!

Great heads up.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
My car's probably holding it all up :p I have received word mine should be complied in a few days. :D

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Good work Wes.

I would love a government email address :) Imagine all the trouble I could get up to with that. Hmm......

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Okay this is really starting to piss me off

i again and pissed that my car still hasnt been finalised by dotars so i have sent them another email to find out more, what i want to know now is, is it shogun/rivercity causing the hold ups ?

see email to me below

"Dear Wes -
Our timeframes for the processing of Vehicle Inspection Certificates are currently in the order of 5 working days - it is possible that if your vehicle is the first of the model for the workshop that they are waiting for an inspection on the vehicle - we have received a large number of applications for sample vehicles in the last 6 weeks or so and this might be a factor. Have the RAW explained where in the process the application is?
I don't have access to the database currently, but the above information is probably all I can give.

I hope the above information is helpful - I apologise that there is no further detail that I can provide.
Regards"

what i would like to know is who else has been waiting longer then 5 days ?

im guesing its most of us can you please put details in here at least first name and chasis number or somthing so that we can hit dotars to see if we can find out what is going on.

thanks

Wes

G

Unregistered
far out wes, still havent got it? mines almost in perth!

what have shogun said?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Wes,

5 Days, I wish!

Ive now been waiting 5 bloody weeks for the VIC to clear. Shogun told me it would be around 2-3 weeks (which was a guess based on current processing times).

After 4 weeks, Shogun contacted DOTARS for me (I had already emailed dotars but they couldnt give me any information and said only Shogun can ask). So DOTARS told Shogun mnore than a week ago that my car is on their "to do" list, and should clear that week.

Very very frustrating, DOTARS really need to get their act together.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
im guesing its most of us can you please put details in here at least first name and chasis number or somthing so that we can hit dotars to see if we can find out what is going on.

Simon Gill
2000 Legnum VR4
ORIGINAL VIN: EC5W0400532
AUSTRALIAN VIN: 6U9000EC5W0400532

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
I know how you all feel.... my car was suppose to be with me as of the weekend but that has passed.... i called up my dealer yesterday where i got the car and have put the heat on them.... this one car juggling just aint fun!

My car is at somewhere in Moorooka (brisbane) not sure the name of the place though.... have searched with my vin on dotars and nothing comes up also... its frustrating....

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I think they're just giving you the run-around, Wes - they're a Govt department with practically unlimited powers when it comes to imports - they can do whatever they like, including rejecting your application if they choose, with no oversight. And I'm willing to bet any grievance you take to an ombudsman would take YEARS to sort out, by which time the car will have to either be re-exported or destroyed.

Yes it sucks but this is the country that we choose to live in... and the government we choose to do nothing about *shrugs*

G

Unregistered
Changing government won't mean an overhaul in the system. It is all about maintaining the Aussie car industry and if you think Rudd or anyone else is going to do anything that even looks as though it may do harm to it, you are mistaken.

/rant

G

Unregistered
Changing government won't mean an overhaul in the system. It is all about maintaining the Aussie car industry and if you think Rudd or anyone else is going to do anything that even looks as though it may do harm to it, you are mistaken.

/rant

yep...
they want it to be as hard, and as expensive as possible to buy an un-australian car.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Sorry Leigh, when I say government I include everyone involved in our current system of governance. The only way things will change is if someone comes along with the guts to make some radical changes and the backing of enough people to create an entirely new party to support it.

Top Bottom