rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Hello people,

Tried searching but have not found others with this issue :sad:

Before: When I got the car the driver side door indicator, courtesy door light, headlight buzzer and open door chime works aok.

Problem: When the driver side door opens, the dash does not recognize driver side door has been opened nor does the courtesy light or door courtesy light respond/light up.
When leaving the headlights/fogs turned on with the key out and opening the driver side door does not trigger the buzzer.
Passenger and rear passengers responds normally (courtesy lights work and dash indicator responds to open/close)

Whats changed?: Had a mobile auto elect install an immobiliser recently. Also pulled apart the door trim to change the driver side power window regulator+motor. Very sure i plugged in all the cabling... central locking & button and power window works normally.

Whats been done: Looked at the cabling under the steering wheel and behind the fuse box, all seems to be connected. Unscrewed the driverside door 'button', took off the rubber protector. Spring still very good and connector firm and clean. Also undid the positive and negative battery cables, pushed the brake and left for 30mins to give it a reset. Took a look at the fuse symbols too (inside and within the engine bay)...doesnt look like theres any for the door light indicator.

Gut feeling: Its though the car thinks the driver side door is still closed even when the button is not depressed, this is about the only reason i would guess as to why the door chime, headlight buzzer remains silent and also why the dash 'open door' indicator stays off.

Tried to call back the immobiliser dude but hes adamant that his install has nothing to do with the door indicators. Hence not coming back....

Appreciate any opinions/advice....
I'll post some photos to show wiring under the steering wheel when i get home from work.

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
The contacts on the door switch get corroded, I had to take mine apart and clean it. It is a very easy job.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Clearly the switch isn't working mate.

The only way to test it is with a multi meter.

I'm not sure whether it is normally open or normally closed.

If it's normally closed they might have bridged a wire some were accidentally. However that would be a little sad and very annoying... good luck. Electrical trouble shooting can be a headache.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Thanks for the responses guys. I can swap the working passenger switch to the driver side to test if the switch is at fault.

Testing the pin with a multimeter would be the next step.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
If that fails to fix the problem, you might want to try and follow the wire that goes to the door switch, as part of installing an immobiliser is to put one of the wires from the immobiliser to that wire, the auto elec may have accidentally broken that wire. Its more likely to be the switch but this is something else easy you can check.

Hope that helps. ;)

Top Bottom