Dump Pipes

G

Unregistered
Trav you think the Bosch WB sensor can just be used to replace the factory O2 sensor?

the Wideband O2 needs to be heated or it will deteriorate quickly so you wouldnt just change the sensor without a controller,, but yes a wideband can be used to split, or just run the car, I have an LC-1 wideband at the moment, one output is simulating the 0-1v narrowband and running the car as normal, the other output goes to my MAP2 and is 0-5v for more accurately monitoring A/F, and eventually for tuning.

It is a straight swap in terms of the exhaust bung, and pretty simple to wire in.

G

Unregistered
I'm running the LC-1 as well, u can get them in a combo with a gauge.
Hoping to use the software soon that came with it for some data logging, to help see why my car overfuels so much.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Thanks guys - I've been weighing up the costs for a genuine O² sensor for a while, but if I can get a wideband and controller for similar money I'll just do that. I'll need it eventually anyway.

I'm running the LC-1 as well, u can get them in a combo with a gauge.
Hoping to use the software soon that came with it for some data logging, to help see why my car overfuels so much.
Well having now seen photos of your exhaust I think we know why that was... :rolleyes: ;)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
It's confirmed. Anzac long weekend my brembos are going on and we're starting work on the split dumps. The other advantage of split dumps in our situation is because they're smaller diameter pipes (compared to a single dump) you can do tighter bends if needed.

G

Unregistered
I got a quote for a stock Mitsi O2 sensor for $392. I got my LC-1 and Air/Fuel gauge for $330 from our freind shocker2 from the US. I know which way I would be going if I were u guys. Then when u upgrade the ECU u can go from narrowband to wideband ;) nice

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
anyone out there have scale drawings of turbo flanges for dump pipe as im lookin at split dumps soon and wanna get flanges laser cut before i take the pipes off so i can get new gaskets to suit straight away...if no drawings or templates etc ne1 able to direct me somewhere where i can get these from?

G

Unregistered
should have the factory dump pipes floating around i'll try and take a rubbing when i get the chance, pm me your address

Top Bottom