Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Looks good mate! But yeah, VR4s aren't P-Plate legal in QLD, they fall just over the power to weight ratio, so unless you've got everything in writing including an exemption from TMR I'd be very cautious. I think one of the gens of Auto that was only 190-something KW at the flywheel from factory works, but no 206kw manuals.

Buy a new tow hook cover and it will make the front of your car look at lot better. And definitely look into the timing belt thing - it's worth doing a major service first up to make sure everything is as it should be, it will save you in the long run with our cars. Plenty of guys far smarter than me on here will be more than happy to talk you through anything that needs to be done.

Other than that it looks like a good find, I saw this one up for sale before you bought it. Hope to see you around at a few meets etc!

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Hopefully we organise a yum cha meet for Feb. Hell, might sort out a car wash one earlier.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Regardless of when it was done it is honestly a piece of mind to have it done yourself if you don't have proof of it being done. Being an interference engine it isn't worth the fish in my opinion.

Dyln.bxtr

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dylan
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Yeah, I'm definitely going to have everything with me in the car. There is no fun in the penalties that come along with it.
I've got myself one of the covers guys :) just haven't had the time or chance to throw it on yet. It's missing a couple of the plugs off it to hold it in.
If there are any meets coming up soon though, especially a car wash one, I would be more than happy to come along for a chat.
Hope to see a few of you guys around Brissy.

Dyln.bxtr

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dylan
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
So with $300 gone, I have a fully rebuilt 100A alternator built and installed. The thing runs like a dream now. No battery boil or voltage drops.
(Picture coming)

Next step is to air con and stereo.
I'm planning to run speakers in all standard spots. 2 fronts with tweeters, two in the rear behind passengers and possibly in the future run some in the passenger kicks.
On the topic of the fronts though, does anybody know what size they are? I haven't yet had a chance to get my door card off, but I'm assuming that they are 6"?

Dyln.bxtr

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dylan
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Yeah... I've got my cars confused don't i?
I must be thinking of my mates xr6 manual.

Top Bottom