Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
I've got some time off over East and there's some work that needs to be done on my VR4.

I was conflicted about where to post this, as it's half maintenance advice/half pseudo workshop day.

This will be on Easter Saturday 4/4/15 from about 10am onwards probably.

I shall be doing:

Lifters
Rocker cover gaskets
Spark plug tube seals
Other gaskets I can't remember
New VK22 plugs
Oil change and new oil filter
Painting and re-installing rocker covers, Plenum/Intake manifold, lower intake manifold and strut brace.
Possibly installing hard pipes if they are available in time.

Interested to hear any other suggestions for stuff to do while I'm in there. And looking for an ideal order to carry out the work - ie drain the oil first, do plugs and lifters and filter, then fill it up with new oil etc.

This is my first time doing any of this on my Legnum, and my first time doing lifters, so if anyone wants to come supervise/lend a hand it would be much appreciated. Alternatively you're welcome to come by and just talk shit and hang out if desired, I can supply alcohol.

Alternatively, if there's any work you guys would like to do, you're welcome to carry it out in my driveway. I have room for two cars in the driveway plus mine in the garage. Only downside is that the driveway is slightly sloped so not ideal for jacking the car up. Again I will offer a limited knowledge, free wifi, alcohol and emotional counseling in any way that assists you in working on your car.

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
If it will be possible(my GF work) I can help you, Im mechanic so I have some knowledge, I dont know Legnum perfectly because I have it only 3 days but its engine and 4 wheels :) and maybe I will take the opportunity and do something with mine as well :) where you live? And do you have wife, lover, GF, daughter or any women at home? I will bw with my GF so we need company for her as well :D and what about tools? You have some? i can bring some mine if you want, I dont have everything but enough ;)

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
you should fit hard pipes and a momo steering wheel while you are at it

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
That's the plan if I have the $$ haha

Insurance is due end of month :(

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
few things that I notice a lot of people miss...

coolant hoses..

this includes.. radiator hoses, heater hoses, ISC hoses, front and rear coolant turbo hoses..

just my 2c..

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Mine are in my spare tyre well... because that's how prevention works...

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Always wanted to bypass the pointless throttle body hoses by looping the connection. Think that'd be a better plan considering they basically do nothing but heat up the throttle body, great for all of the no-ice we get here.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
So help me if my TB freezes shut during these harsh Brisbane winters...

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I once saw 0 on the 'outside temperature' reading on the climate control :p
Was in Ipswich heading out to morning happy laps, much boost cut...

brichman

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 PFL Galant VR-4 (Roanne Red)
can the display show the minus symbol?
I'm pretty sure it can. I reckon I saw -4c the weekend I bought my car, it was in Ballarat. The heater wasn't working on that stage so it was a very, very cold drive back to Adelaide. Car was a little hesitant to start but not any other issues :D

Top Bottom