Ebc + Varex

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
An example of the benefits of an unrestricted exhaust system.....
Firstly my Legnum has 2 1/2" tuned length downpipes into a 3" system with a highflow cat and Varex muffler. After fixing leaks in the y pipe set up I decided to adjust the HDI EBC. With I went for a run with the Varex closed and settled on 13psi. Then I tried it with the Varex fully open, I was surprised at how much quicker it boosted and hit boost cut at 18psi on the same Ebc setting. Im now using both the high/low settings, one each for Varex open and closed.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
just for some extra info i had from my experience and obviously it isnt a boosted motor but a v8

but i had a full xforce set, long tube headers + twin 3" exhaust and 300ci cats on my 6L L98 (VE commodore) + every other bolt on

we dynod it with varex wide open at 295rwkw and closed was 245rwkw

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Should set up the varex to only open once you hit boost. Then you can have the lag that owners of other cars love so much.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
With my Apexi ATS (active tail silencer) I get 1kW or less difference compared with the silencer taken out.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
With my Apexi ATS (active tail silencer) I get 1kW or less difference compared with the silencer taken out.

I have got that ATS as well, but didnt show any difference with or without it.. using it on my greddy Ti-C

noise/drone suppression is really good when its on though..

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
My mate had one in each tip in his s2k after fitting a full apexi exhaust and headers. It sounded stock again, but without it sounded like an f1 car but the sound didn't match the speed it could do

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
Quiet as stock from the rear when it's closed. Makes the shed rattle at idle when open, unfortunately this is not acceptable in residential areas but is a good substitute for a roo-shoo elsewhere O:)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
On wastegate boost, mine went from 155 open down to 105 or something with it closed, it's posted up on here somewhere but cbf looking it up

Top Bottom