EC3W Compliance

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
I just took a brief look at the list, and noticed there isn't even a Legnum as such on it? Here's a screen shot:

sevsl.jpg

I take it that Legnums fall under 'Galants' and would be classed as a Galant Estate/Wagon like in the U.K?

*EDIT* looking at the 'Official Ruling' it is EC5x only. I guess I answered my own question then.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cry::cry::cry:

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/412-02.htm

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
hmm, the leather doesnt really look all that black, it looks like a dark grey.
my legnum has black leather and its sooooo nice

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That is the same as the COTY leather. The car can't be imported as it doesn't have enough power, unless you want to buy it and own it for a year first, then bring it in as a personal import.

The 2.4 gdi is a horrible engine anyway, they sound like a tractor, blow up all the time, require 98 octane and in the real world make 90kw at 4500rpm or so and hit a brick wall above 5000rpm.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I know, buy the car.. keep the interior.. sells the MMCS to Hayase!

I'm pretty sure he'll buy it... that way you get your $$$ back..

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
Just get a EC5W Dre you big girl!

Ahhh, do you seriously think I want the GDi motor for it's power???!

Imagine if it was an EVO 9 4G63T or even the 4G64 (rebuilt obviously) with Mivec head on it in there, instead of the pus bucket GDi......

Even with a lazy 20g, exhaust and intake you'd still see 220+kw atw

Win?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
why not buy a cheap series one manual and rip out the 6a13, sell it for parts, bung in a 4g63

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
why not buy a cheap series one manual and rip out the 6a13, sell it for parts, bung in a 4g63

Has to be a facelift....!

I was trolling the auction sites and Grade 4 EC3W's with 70k kms go for as little as Y140,000 F.O.B, which is a third of the price of Grade 4 EC5W's. I thought, if i'm going to do a 4cylinder conversion and source a crossmember etc from NZ, I may as well start off with a 4cyl and possibly save myself $3500 (to put towards the conversion) and it comes with all the parts I need there already. But alas, it's obviously not meant to be!

What about applying to RAWS for an exemption?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
can't apply for it in RAWS anymore.. past its due date I think? ask the Chef.. he's the one who submitted the application for the EC5A/W's

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
there is a few ec3w's in oz as private imports (but they are pfl's too i think)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yea it's strictly the EC5W/EC5A chassis, even the NA 6A13 (ST-R) can't be complied, though as has been stated there are a couple of them over here brought in by NZers.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
there is no such thing as an EC3W prefacelift. There are EC5W prefacelift n/a's as Brad2 mentions.

A GDI 4G64 is an ok option for a 2.4 4G63, you'll have to get custom pistons though, the stock CR is 11:1 on a 4G64 GDI

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I love your thinking though dude. The 4g63 is the ultimate upgrade in my eyes. If you have time, just wait for someone to smash a motor and sell their car as-is...

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
I love your thinking though dude. The 4g63 is the ultimate upgrade in my eyes. If you have time, just wait for someone to smash a motor and sell their car as-is...

I'm pretty picky as to what I want though! How often do you see then f.s with poked engines though!?? Not many.....

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
It has already been answered, but the 6A13TT is the only motor that makes enough power to meet the SEVS regs.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'm pretty picky as to what I want though! How often do you see then f.s with poked engines though!?? Not many.....

Yeah I haven't seen one. If you know someone with a VR4 that you like just put sugar in the fuel tank. That'll work.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
Yeah I haven't seen one. If you know someone with a VR4 that you like just put sugar in the fuel tank. That'll work.

Ha- or pull off the actuator hose! :lol:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yep, the ultimate upgrade, 1000rpm later turbo spool due to the smaller capacity, less smooth because it is an i4 rather than a v6 and longer so it is harder to work on for cambelts and things.

For what? A $5000 plus conversion price, and 20kg less weight? One of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of.

Top Bottom