ECU Flash for 7201

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
So.... potentially good and bad news.

The good news for those who still have a 7201 is that it may now indeed be flashable.

The bad news is for those who have paid for a 7202/03 to now find out the old 7201 they had may have been OK after all. Not sure about the H8 plastic cased ones either.

The flash requires new hardware which I have ordered and should get this week and at this point in time I haven't done it yet so I can't say for sure exactly how well it works and if there are limitations that don't exist with the 02/03 ECU's.

Anyway, those with 7201's can live in some hope now. I'll keep you posted once I have the hardware and a 7201 ECU in so we can then find out it's limits.

Never thought I'd see the day but it looks like my car is about to get a 7201 put in it to play with.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
i think i love you Shitv...

now i can forget about buying a 7202/03 ECU and just get my Front mount, the rest of the exhaust and tune the 7201 :) happy days!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I have one already, thanks for the offer though.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
So it's still hypothetical at this point? If it does actually work then that's gonna open up a world of possibilities for a LOT of (primarily) PFL peeps!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
People claim it works on 7201 VR4's, once I have it I'll know for sure.... I'll let you know Lee, out of curiosity do you still have that H8 thing? If so, wanna send it over for a test?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Yep I still got it... at present though its my only "spare" ecu should anything go wrong so kinda need to keep it here for now... i like to have a backup to get me home if needed.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
wimp, what if I send you a 7202 to borrow....

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
interesting....

although i heard 7201's hav been flashable for a while, but it was a one off flash. not a constant remappable thing?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
they were pull out chip, flash it, put it back jobs, not through the ecu, until now.

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
Steve if this works you are my hero. I have one of those damn h8 chips and this would almost put the smile back on my face with regards to this car despite smashing it's nose all up.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I had been following this along a little bit on CVR4, hope it works for many members' sake!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
haha hmmm i hear that.

Lee, i have my stock ecu you could borrow just in case you run into trouble?

Top stuff Steve, will open up the flashable world to all VR4 owners if this works!

xtech

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Legnum
Russians been using this MMC software to re-flash N/A GDIs, Turbo GDIs an 7201 VR4s for a while now.........
Seems we all thought they were kidding. Even Mazda's, Suzuki's, Kia's an Hyundai's can get in on the action

How it works is.........
Open MMC-Flash connect to Car ECU download ROM
Open ECUFlash open ROM you just saved...(create your own definition tables no help here)
Use ECUflash to Make changes and save the ROM
Re-open MMC-Flash and upload to car ECU.
Done

READS and WRITES TO ALL ECUs in
Mitsubishi, Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki and Mazda

Which means un-writeable units like h8/53x, MH7201F, SH7052, SH7055 can be mastered.

Read and write CPUs, With OpenPort 1.3U and OpenPort 2.0

MH7201F (128k) - 1997 Space Wagon 2.4 GDI; Galant 4G93 GDI; Mirage Dingo 1.5 4G15 GDI;
MH7202F (128k) - The same model as the 7203 Mitsubishi, Mazda 626, 1998.
MH7203FA (128k) - Mitsubishi Carisma, Pajero, Eclips, Galant 2000, 2004; Montero Pajero 3.2 DID 4m41 2002;
Hyundai Sonata 2.0 (Korea, Tagaz) 2004, Santa Fe 2.4 2001-2004, Tiburon 2.0 (Cupe), Matrix 1.8;
Kia Sorrento 2.4, Magentis 2.0 2000 2004;
MH8206F (256K) - Lancer IX MT
MH8305F (512K) - Lancer IX AT

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Once this is sorted Steve you need to post this up on cvr4 and fuck over a few of the idiots there who were keeping everything secret and charging other forum members lots for 7201 flashing. They were doing it in a very complex manner too, removing the chip and stuff.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
They're already aware of it

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Keen Steve, would like to remove the interceptor.

Top Bottom