ECU Flash for 7201

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
So flashed a 7201 ecu today.... It works. Def files on cvr4 need some work though, changing the rpm limit stopped the car from starting....

pbaron

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pierre
Drive
Super VR-4
Which def file are you using, the one that caused problems with the rpm limit was removed a couple of weeks back and replaced with an updated one that fixes this on my 7201 ecu. There was a note in the thread over on ClubVR4 advising of this. If you want to fix it in the def you have, swap the endian value in the RPMLimit scaling from little to big.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
ahh well that's probably it, I downloaded it a while back. easy fix, thanks

pbaron

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pierre
Drive
Super VR-4
Best to get the latest version from the ClubVR4 thread as it completes it to match most of the known 7202 tables and settings.

Cheers

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Got it, (the one you posted up)

Thanks Pierre, I'll get my car back on the road tomorrow and test a few things in the 7201 now plugged in :)

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
So Steve, now that everyone can get their ECU flashed how far into the future are you booked out?

xtech

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Legnum
hey steve.......Would it be possible if you can maybe read some GDI ROMs and post those online please.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
There are no GDi's here in Australia. Our import laws only allow the importation of the VR4 model so no-one in AU can help you on that one sorry Ryan.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
hey marc, busy yes but not booked out, I've sent you a pm.

what lee said re the gdis but I think there are some roms for those posted on cvr4....

xtech

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Legnum
really where?

oh an the GDI dont have to be Galant or Legnum....did you get GDI Lancers or Pajeros

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Not sure, I was sure I saw something on there, could be getting mixed up, anyone got a 4g93 in sydney I can download a rom off?

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
What's the latest info on the 7201? Can these be mapped just like the later ECU's. So glad I found this, was close to buying a 7202 :ROFLMAO:

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Also posted about recently (possibly on Facebook), in terms of feature differences and time to port everything versus readily available 7202/7203 Ecus

I'm sure @TME_Steve or @BCX will confirm however

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
7201 can be flashed with mmcflash (paid software), not with ecuflash (free with openport cable)

If you're not looking for mods ie tune only, 7201 will work. @TME_Steve has mmcflash.

Otherwise if you want goodies like flex, antilag, launch control, etc then you'll want a 7202/7203 (plastic cased ecu)

Check this thread/post for info and background

http://www.ozvr4.com/threads/can-my-ecu-be-reflashed.11674/#post-333508

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Said i would a few times. Just need 5 or so of you in one area to make it worthwhile :)

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
7201 can be flashed with mmcflash (paid software), not with ecuflash (free with openport cable)

If you're not looking for mods ie tune only, 7201 will work. @TME_Steve has mmcflash.

Otherwise if you want goodies like flex, antilag, launch control, etc then you'll want a 7202/7203 (plastic cased ecu)

Check this thread/post for info and background

http://www.ozvr4.com/threads/can-my-ecu-be-reflashed.11674/#post-333508
I purchased a 97 Legnum VR4 PFL from Japan. I live in Chicago and probably the only person to own one in the US. I am afraid I won't be able to get any tuning done since no one here is familiar with this car. So far I have ordered parts to be put on the summer and wonder if this ECU chip will cover everything.

Have you heard of this upgraded ECU chip? https://havokengineering.com/produc...itsubishi-galant-legnum-vr-4-ecu-upgrade-chip

Ordered Upgrades
Iridium Plugs
Mishimoto Intercooler M-Line
K&N Filter Stock Filter location
Downpipe + 3" De-cat + 3" Cat Back
GFB Hybrid BOV
Grimmspeed 3-Port Solenoid
Optima Red Top Battery
Replaced all fluids with Amsoil
18x8 +42 with Yokohama 225/40/18

Car currently has 32,000km

Any input is appreciated, Thank you

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I you get a hold of a plastic cased ECU, then any tuner that has tuned an OEM ECU for an EVO 7,8,9 will be very familiar with the VR4 ECU.

Result will be much better than chipping.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
As per BCX. If you are still struggling I believe Steve @ TME can send you one or do ECU exchange.

Also 32,000kms lol, did you get the auction report?

Top Bottom