kc427

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
KC
Drive
VR4
Hi all,

Yesterday, I tried the OpenFlash V1.40.2178 and connected with OpenPort 1.3 cable, and I could successfully download the ROM file from my 98 facelift Galant VR4 M/T. Since I didn't check the ECU number, so, I assume it is MD340288(I checked from the CAPS with my chassis number). If I have chance, I will try to look at the ECU in my car.

By comparing the ROM file that posted by AderC and Valmes, the MD340288(M/T) and MD340289(Auto) I found there are only 2 differeces:

MD340288
&h00000209 01

&h0001FEFA 45 4D 32 30 30 34

MD340289
&h00000209 02

&h0001FEFA 45 4D 32 30 30 35

which means, "EM2004" and "EM2005"

Other than that, both ROM files are the same.

Now, I looked at the xml definition file posted by Valmes(Sorry Valmes, I didn't ask for permission, hope you don't mind), which is for ECU Edit. I searched around from internet and couldn't find any xml definition file for ECU Flash, so finally, I modified it from ECU Edit, and I can use it for the ECUFlash. But I met a problem, from Valmes's definition file, there are many unknown maps with zero address, so, I don't know what the map it is for. But anyway, I can see the ignition and fuel maps by the ECU Flash.

If anyone of you know more about the addresses of the maps from the ROM, please let me know, so that I can add into the definition file for the ECUFlash, and let's share the maps :)

Attached is the ROM, xml definition file for ECU Flash, and some screen shot of the ignition and fuel maps.

It may be the very first xml for ECU Flash, so just read the data from ECU Flash for references only.

:p

Attachments

• IgnitionMap1.JPG
    IgnitionMap1.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,967
  • IgnitionMap2.JPG
    IgnitionMap2.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,942
  • MainScreen01.JPG
    MainScreen01.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,977
  • FuelMapRich.JPG
    FuelMapRich.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,941
  • FuelMapLow.JPG
    FuelMapLow.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,933

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
This is great news! Congratulations!
So what exactly does this reflash give u control over?
Could it be used in conjunction with bigger turbos and injectors?
And what do I have to do/need to get this done?

kc427

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
KC
Drive
VR4
Here are the ECU Flash xml definition file and the ROM of my car :bigsmile:

(XML updated on 10 Jan)

Attachments

• VR4_ECUFlashXML.zip.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 338

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
U can check mine when I come in next week

kc427

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
KC
Drive
VR4
RPW has the reflashing software and cable coming to us soon as we are working with ECUFlash for the Mitsubishi Ralliart Colts. BUt we will be expanding our services to other mitsubishi compatible vehicles as well.

As VR4's come to us we will check individual customers and see if there ecu is flasheable or not and at least be able to give them more options.

I will keep an eye on this thread and as we get more information on htis as well, will add to it.

Good :D Well, at least we need someone can do the disassemble the code to find out those addresses so can be put into the XML file. But, sorry, I don't know the disassembly :drool: Hopefully someone can help on this.

G

Unregistered
The reflashing side of things is still new to me so I am still working out all the nuts and bolts. THe actual tuning part is actually dead easy, but I usually like to have a baseline understanding of everything first and how it all interelates to one another.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Interesting (in a way) The facelift ECU's are based on the H8 Chipset which is the same as the Evo V &VI. ECU flash has the ability to read the H8 ECU's but not write to them yet.

If you develop a way to write to the Facelift ECU, THEN you are are legend and will deserve many thanks and praise ;)

G

Unregistered
Mate called me today that owns Allstar Garage in Perth and they can now flash the stock computers. They read my ecu a while ago and has just cracked it so will have full control over everything in the ecu, timing, fuel etc etc

G

Unregistered
Mate called me today that owns Allstar Garage in Perth and they can now flash the stock computers. They read my ecu a while ago and has just cracked it so will have full control over everything in the ecu, timing, fuel etc etc

That's FANTASTIC news!! Can't wait to utilise this :D

G

Unregistered
Mines going up there soon as the test car too see how things go. So once we sort out all the bugs on mine he will start tuning other ppls cars. Will probably cop TD04 upgrade while there too ;)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Rhys - that's great news! Do you know what software they are using?

Also what CPU is in your car? being 98 could be either a MH7201 or an MH7202.

Would the guys at Allstar be willing to share their information so a tuner here in SA could do it for me?

Cheers
Lee

G

Unregistered
I doubt that they would be willing to share the info as its taken Pete since i got the car to crack it to be able to rewrite it. Ill go check my ECU

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
That would be dissapointing if they didn't share. EVO 7-9's (and soon 10s) are allmost all remapped using open source info (publically shared info) of which I'm sure they get plenty of business.

PLEASE would they share!!! :D

G

Unregistered
Yeh they have been mapping EVOs for quite a while now. Even done his daily TJ magna.

Ok the parts numbers on my ECU are MD340289
E2T66886 H1 8528

Ok its a MH7202F

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
That's what I thought - MH7202 is the same chipset as the EVO V & VI's (H8/MH7202). Awesome work by those guys to work out how to remap the 6A13 ECU. If they decided to share please let me know! :)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Good news, we are slowly making progress...

G

Unregistered
Will also need to try find another boost solinoid to see if we can control the boost from the ECU aswell

G

Unregistered
Guys, here in Russia there's a man named Hedgehog-Pyh aka Dmitry, he reflashes both pre-facelift and facelift ECUs for a while already.

Top Bottom