Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Unfortunately the defs aren't free, I'd contact TME_Steve.'he can sell them

G

Unregistered
Hey guys, sorry for resurrecting an old post. does anyone have experience in checking OBD and reflash connections? I've been trying to read my ECU ROM with ECU flash but it keeps coming up with the init sequence 2, interface close message. This happens no matter which version of ecu flash I use. I have the openport2 and reflash cables, and all definitions and base files are in the correct places so I'm starting to suspect it's a faulty pin somewhere. If any of you guys are free sometime I'd appreciate a hand in this. Cheers folks.

Jozef Polak

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Jozef
Drive
Mitsubishi Galant Wagon 2,5 EDM
Není to špatný pin, problém je v ECU. Vaše ECU je plastová 340288-289 nebo plechová?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Hey guys, sorry for resurrecting an old post. does anyone have experience in checking OBD and reflash connections? I've been trying to read my ECU ROM with ECU flash but it keeps coming up with the init sequence 2, interface close message. This happens no matter which version of ecu flash I use. I have the openport2 and reflash cables, and all definitions and base files are in the correct places so I'm starting to suspect it's a faulty pin somewhere. If any of you guys are free sometime I'd appreciate a hand in this. Cheers folks.

hey dude, which version of OpenPort cable do you use? I use 1.3u and 2.0

the only cable that worked for me with ECU Flash was OP 2.0

and I use the OP 1.3u for evoscan and activating actuators (ayc bleed etc)

G

Unregistered
hey dude, which version of OpenPort cable do you use? I use 1.3u and 2.0

the only cable that worked for me with ECU Flash was OP 2.0

and I use the OP 1.3u for evoscan and activating actuators (ayc bleed etc)

I have op 2 with ecu flash.

Jozef Polak

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Jozef
Drive
Mitsubishi Galant Wagon 2,5 EDM
Hello ladies and gentlemen, who will help with definition for EM1001 6A13 SOHC engine? It's JDM Legnum / Galant 25ST. Thank you very much for your time. Pepe

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
Hi, after trying to flash the ecu I can't start the car. I just wanted to change the maximum speed values. First, the ECU was backed up to the computer but when trying to write the max speed, an error appeared (I don't know which one anymore) and the ECU can't even be read again. I was trying to connect pins 1 and 4 but everything flashes only the check engine light is still on. Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks for any help.

Video:

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Do you have the ecuflash log? This will give plenty of clues. You might find it in:
c:\users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\openECU\ECUFlash\Logs

Before flashing, did you remove the ecu, open it and check if you have a H8, MH7202 or MH7203?

Which definitions are you using with ECUFlash?

Last edited:

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
I have these logs.
No i didn't check if i have a 7202 or 7203 chip. I will take the ECU out this week and have a look.
Honestly I don't know what definition I'm using because a friend did it for me, because I don't have any tactrix cable and software.

Attachments

• ecuflash_log_20230805t161502 - failure.txt
    30 KB · Views: 6
  • ecuflash_log_20230805t145758.txt
    31 KB · Views: 2
  • ecuflash_log_20230805t145758 - failure maybe.txt
    31 KB · Views: 2
  • ecuflash_log_20230805t161502 - failure.txt
    30 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
From what I can see in your ecuflash logs, you are flashing it as a MH7203.

Try reflashing as a 7202. Youll need to find the definition xml and change the memmodel tag to be H8539F instead of H8539FA.

I can grab you screenshots later, out and about on my mobile.

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
I should ask you if you have the xlm em2005 file.

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
Found it. So we need to use the 20030010 or 20030011 or 20030013 and try to reflash the ECU. Is it all?

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
When you open the rom, it should pick up and use the correct xml. You'll need the vr4base xml as well. Its easier if you download all files into a folder then point ecuflash only to that folder for metadata.

Ecuflash tells you which xml file it used, thats the one you want to edit and ensure the correct memmodel.

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
When you open the rom, it should pick up and use the correct xml. You'll need the vr4base xml as well. Its easier if you download all files into a folder then point ecuflash only to that folder for metadata.

Ecuflash tells you which xml file it used, thats the one you want to edit and ensure the correct memmodel.
Thank you, we will try (y)

Top Bottom