twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
The cel is just because it is trying to talk to the auto ecu (had the issue with a temporary 7201). A reflash with manual data map will fix it.

skyrex

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Blake
Drive
Ralliart Colt
Wow you guys got it so easy being able to switch and swap ecus. I just had my colt flashed with ecuflash which is part reason why Fazzle now wants a flash lol. :)
Made amazing difference to power output. I really wasn't expecting a flash tune, I was originally just wanting to rid the colt of the stupid cels like torque monitoring and tps/airflow-boosting issues. The guy that did mine really knew his way around our obscure ECU, highly recommend it to anyone that is thinking of it. Even if you not so much worried about going for maximum peak power output but just for tweaking to improve your cars drivability to how you like to drive. Worth every cent considering its ine mod you don't have to get greasy and dirty to extract more powah!

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
The cel is just because it is trying to talk to the auto ecu (had the issue with a temporary 7201). A reflash with manual data map will fix it.

Yep. Pretty sure I read this somewhere a while back and figured I'd deal with it and then have it removed when I get a tune.

thaitanium

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Phi
Drive
VR4 Galant
whats the price range on a good aftermarket ECU for Auto.. including tuning... for a 01 vr4 Galant.. or any recommended ECU's...

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Use the ecu in it.... It's free plus tuning, why wouldn't you use it?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
^ What he said. Not sure who in WA tunes 7202/7203 but I'm sure one of the guys over there would have been somewhere they can recommend. You won't need to worry about the auto part as the auto box runs a separate computer and will sort itself out. If you really want, you can disconnect your battery for a little while to 'reset' the INVECS (or whatever the hell it's called *edited to be correct hah thanks Paul) in your auto box, which will then re-learn how and when to shift depending on how you drive it.

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Facelift Peal Legnum VR4
Hey guys - Anyone in SA doing this? Keen to know if fuel consumption figures can be improved by tuning the fuel... :)

Either that or I may be selling my Legnum.... NOOOOOOO!!!!

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Thats why we fly steve from tme all round the country mate, wasnt that long ago he was in sa.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
James it will improve fuel economy but not by a massive amount and it differs from car to car. Some might save a couple litres of fuel per 100km after a tune and some might not improve much at all. The real gains are to how it changes your car to drive, the improvements could change your mind about selling it.

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Interesting, thanks guys.. If anyone has some fuel improvement examples, feel free to share :)

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
When Steve tuned my leggy i went from 320km/tank to little over 400km/tank..this is with city driving and giving her the occasional throttle...

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I got no fuel improvement but buckets loads of nicer to drive improvement!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
It's funny, some owners report massive fuel economy gains and others report none, you should see about a 5% gain at light throttle and substantially more at full throttle/boost but then if you are making more power/boost then that uses more fuel so....

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
I wonder if the people who didn't improve on fuel; already had good fuel figures anyway?

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I already had 10.5-11L/100km so wasn't really expecting much improvement.

chocco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Christian
Drive
1999 FL Galant VR4 with MMCS
cant wait for steve to tune my car next year as I still get around 250 kms to a tank around town lol and thats not even boosting it over 10psi.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
If your car uses that much fuel I honestly dont think a tune is going to be the magic cure, if your fuel economy is that bad there must be an underlying problem such as bad O2 sensor or something else causing it.

Top Bottom