ECU or EMS for Legnums

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Anyone have the pin outs for the ECU and it's location.

I was looking around under the dash near the firewall at the centre console and saw what I think is the ECU. Seems like a difficult place to get to unless there is a bit of spare wire on the cables to allow removal into a position easier to work on. I didn't try to remove it as I had no need to at the time. Looks like something had been connected to it previously as it had scotchlocks and short bits of wire hanging of some of the cables.

cheers
Peter_D

G

Unregistered
Yes the engine ecu is there.It sits above the gearbox ecu in an auto. The engine ecu has green plugs and no there is not a lot of cable to work with. There are pinouts in ClubVr4 but they may be in the full members area only.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Thanks for confirming the ECU location. Having the pinout on ClubVR4 forum in the members area doesn't help me. If you have access how about sharing the knowledge around by grabing it and posting it here.

Mods are welcome to edit this post if they wish. I have no intension of causing any strife in the VR4 community.

cheers
Peter_D

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
If you contact the NZ organizers you can join for $20 (unlike myself who didn't think of that and paid 20 pound to the uk organizers).

It's a bargain for all the info thats on the site - if you're planning on modifying your VR4 it's a must have.

I also got some stickers and a club vr-4 key ring (not sure if u get that with the NZ membership).

cheers

Lee

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Thanks for confirming the ECU location. Having the pinout on ClubVR4 forum in the members area doesn't help me. If you have access how about sharing the knowledge around by grabing it and posting it here.

That's not going to happen any time soon Peter. Sorry mate. If you want the info, then I suggest you pony up the cash.

Although, give us a few months, and we should have worked out allot of this information for ourselves.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Are "after market" ECU's easily available???

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Not really... any fully standalone computer will work, but there aren't any out of the box tuned solutions apart from a few very expensive options from Japan that aren't worth the money.

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Why no use a Haltech interceptor or something ???

I piggybacks your current ECU..

I hear they work quite well.

Haltech also have full ECU's too.

G

Unregistered
RPW already has plug and play packages for other model Mitsubishi for hte haltech range, and the Galant Manuel modles will be hte next one we make one for.

Haltech interceptor already good to be used on these as well.

Top Bottom