1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Any 3rd gen manual magna TE (1996) onwards. Manual Magnas have same connectors as VR4 (plugs have two rows of pins).
Realistically, any manual Mitsubishi of the era will have the same connectors as the ECUs are from the Mitsubishi parts bin. PCBs have slight differences (ie missing components).

Automatic Magna pins *might* work, the connectors are slightly different as they have 3 rows of pins (ECU and TCU are combined into one box). I've got some here so will check and confirm.

BCX

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Looking at a JE331B154C

Here's the status on some of the unused/not connected pins, some we already know - other confirmed they lead to no-where (missing components)

Pin A6 = unused output
Pin B3 = Potentially able to used as input - need to find in software (multiplexed)
Pin B4 = Potentially able to used as input - need to find in software (multiplexed)
Pin B11 = Able to be used as digital input (multiplexed)
Pin B14 = Able to be used as digital input (multiplexed)
Pin D5 = Additional ADC input 0-5v

Pin A9 = unable to be used, missing Q226
Pin A20 = unable to be used, missing Q48
Pin A24 = unable to be used, missing Q54
Pin B9 = unable to be used, missing IC104
Pin B10 = unable to be used, missing IC104
Pin B12 = unable to be used, missing IC104
Pin C1 = unable to be used, missing Q49
Pin D7 = unable to be used, missing IC102
Pin D3 = unable to be used, missing Q90
Pin D4 = unable to be used, missing IC103

coltspeed

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kade
Drive
Galant VR4
Can someone tell me which # pins to use for a narrow band air/fuel gauge and a digital tach/ shift light? Much thanks...

BCX

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
If you're looking for RPM/Tacho signal, then tap into the IFS signal on Connector 3, Pin 8 (white wire)

If you want the narrowband oxygen sensor signal, then Connector 4, Pin 6 (also a white wire)
You'd be better off installing a wideband sensor, then feed the narrowband output into the ECU. Wideband will give you much more information than the narrow.

Many have had luck with the Innovate Motorsports wideband gauges (such as a MTX-L)

coltspeed

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kade
Drive
Galant VR4
If you're looking for RPM/Tacho signal, then tap into the IFS signal on Connector 3, Pin 8 (white wire)

If you want the narrowband oxygen sensor signal, then Connector 4, Pin 6 (also a white wire)
You'd be better off installing a wideband sensor, then feed the narrowband output into the ECU. Wideband will give you much more information than the narrow.

Many have had luck with the Innovate Motorsports wideband gauges (such as a MTX-L)
Much thanks for the info, I will be installing a wideband later on. For now I'm just enjoying the car stock.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Much thanks for the info, I will be installing a wideband later on. For now I'm just enjoying the car stock.
With regards to Widebands, don't install a system using the Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor as they are highly unreliable. Make sure you use an LSU 4.2 based setup.

Top Bottom