EM2428 Rom needed

0z_legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
97 Vr4 Legnum, 08 D40 Nissan Navara STX V6, 10 SV6 Commodore Ute (Company Car)
Hi Guys, I have got myself a evoscan cable so I can reflash the ecu. My only problem is I cannot find the correct Rom file to suit the Auto. I have spoken with Steve, but unfortunately he is in Japan at the moment (lucky bugger) and cannot email me the em2428 rom file that I need.

I am installing a new front mount this evening and would love it if I can have a look at the current tune.

Any help would be great:D

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback
Can't you just download it from your ECU?

0z_legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
I can download the ecu map but cannot open or read it..... Any ideas? Steve suggestested I might need the em2428 rom file being a auto.

0z_legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
Basically I would like to be able to read the current tune or more importantly the current timing settings. My limiting factor when I had Steve tune the car at the Qld tune day was the standard front mount if the timing was advanced any further it would start to produce knock. After I change it this evening to an aftermarket front mount I will be able to advance the timing a little down low to gain more power without hitting knock so early. After discussions with Steve he told me the next step was the aftermarket front mount. He was going to post me his spare cable with another tune once fitted but i decided to buy the cable etc myself to save him the hassle of posting it to me etc. I spoke with him last night via txt but he unfortunately cannot help me much from Japan.

I can download the current ecu settings to the laptop but then hit a brick wall and cannot open/read it etc. So steve suggested I may need the 2428 rom file to be able to open read it etc.

Thanks for the help

0z_legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
Sorry for the long speal, so to clarify yes I need the xml file.

Cheers

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Check on clubvr4 there are several threads including definitions.
I think you can actually flash a manual rom on ok.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hey Chris,

Back now, sorry I couldn't send it, stupidly enough I had email ability on my phone and the files on my netbook but no email ability and I couldn't transfer between the two.... So if you didn't get sorted let me know.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Even easier, I was just assuming it was 2428 as it was an auto and he was having trouble, thanks for sending them on :)

PS do you have/want the 2428 defs?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Ill send you an update.... Probably 75% of autos I see are 2428....

0z_legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
(y) Thanks again Lee and Steve for your help. All sorted now.

cheers

Top Bottom