engine mount upgrade

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Hey guys need to do engine mounts but don't want to go oem oil filled rubbish...after a bit of searching on the net I haven't found much of anything for poly euro upgrades so im throwing it out to see what you guys have done and where you go it from?? thanks

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Ralliart solid rubber roll stoppers are the way to go. I used aftermarket solid rubber engine and gearbox mounts too. You could try urethane for them if you want but I dislike urethane. Rubber is a better material for engine mounts

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
What does it feel like when your mounts start to go? What advantages does it serve going to the poly ones?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
You'll notice vibrations mostly in idle, but as you make the engine torque flex (loading it up) you'll see a lot of movement when they are shagged. Poly doesn't crack like rubber, but if it's not dense enough it will sag.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
When the engine moves if they are shagged (or sagged for poly) you get false knock readings as well....

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Ahh sweet I will have a look at the link mills_88
So what's the benefits of going urethane over rubber?

Top Bottom