English Translation CD for MMCS

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Ok with the amount of people on here im sure some of you have MMCS' in your cars so my question is...

How and where can you get one of those translation cd's? has someone got one they can put up as a download or something? Or can someone post one if the person wanting one pay's for the postage.

Anyone?

Cheers

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Say someone had a computer copy of the translation cd how would you put it up on the internet for us to download?

G

Unregistered
Umm one of us could always just burn a copy and post it to you
If someone put the file on the net yea would be easier

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I would really like a copy of the cd one way or another I just thought if it were available as a donwload from this site it would be good for everyone.

jonesyVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Mark
Drive
EP71 Starlet turbo
You could create an ISO file from the CD & then post a torrent on a torrent site or does the forum have access to FTP ?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Umm one of us could always just burn a copy and post it to you

That would be good if i could get a copy off you. Is that the one with the engine startup screen or the ralli art screen?

G

Unregistered
The engine start up screen is from my car as I hacked it myself, with a pic borrowed from Brett (OVR444) :D

G

Unregistered
That would be good if i could get a copy off you. Is that the one with the engine startup screen or the ralli art screen?
PM me your email I tryed making a torrent see if it works as a test otherwise I'll post one to you.

G

Unregistered
Thats pretty awesome how did you do that?

Very basically, using a hex editor to modify the ISO file and replacing the factory image with a new image that has an identical byte count and bit depth.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
What hex editor did you use, is it fairly easy to work out?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Seems to be downloading, Hopefully all will be good.

G

Unregistered
Make sure you seed it for a while once you've downloaded it ;)

What hex editor did you use, is it fairly easy to work out?

It's a long convoluted process to figure out, but fairly quick once you know how.

I think it was WinHex (I tried a few out, so forget right now). You'll also need Photoshop too. I'm not sure if it will work with the English version, I expect so but would need to test it out. You need to rip out the factory image for comparison first, because the new version you write over the top has to match the size exactly.

In order for MMCS to update itself to the English version you need eject your old factory CD-ROM, insert the new one, turn off the car, then disconnect the battery.

After a few minutes reconnect the battery and turn the car on to ACC, the MMCS system will go into a recovery mode showing a message on the screen. It will load the new info off the disc automatically then reboot itself with the new settings, in this case English language functions and Ralliart boot screen.

Even if you are just updating the boot screen like I did, then you need to still to this process to install the changes for the first time. You can then leave your new disc sitting in the MMCS drive slot in case you have a flat battery and it request the settings again.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
mine is stuck on 5.6% Hahaha. Well that dosnt seem too hard. Ill have to try it out once I get things going. Hav to download this first

Top Bottom