EOI: Aftermarket Intake Manifolds

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Have done some measures this morning turns out that the highest point of original manifold cant come any further foward in engine bay so the one you make looks like it wont fit will be to high. So i have to do the old chop of original to put throttle body to other side instead damm it.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Have done some measures this morning turns out that the highest point of original manifold cant come any further foward in engine bay so the one you make looks like it wont fit will be to high. So i have to do the old chop of original to put throttle body to other side instead damm it.
Bugger that sucks but its what happens when you shoehorn bigger motors into engine bays where they dont belong

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
Bugger that sucks but its what happens when you shoehorn bigger motors into engine bays where they dont belong
Yep it sucks alright , going by your measurements the one you made sits higer than originally my bonnet dips down its not flat and level so it wont close and i cant lower engine anymore than i have already. Sorry bud

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
No worries. Im woring on the other design which replaces the lower runners. May be able to get it to sit lower.

Whats your max height so i can keep that in mind.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
What happened to this? Make anymore headway?
Lack of intrest so nothing eventuated. I wasnt going to fork out thousands and thousands of dollars of my own money to have these made only to have them sit on a a shelf and not sell.

Im still keen to develop a billet intake as my cnc machining capabilities are ever growing. Finding free time to design it is my problem at the moment.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Although I have got 4 of these 6061 cnc machined "plenum plates" available which allows you to fabicate your own cut, shortened and flipped stock upper plenum using 4" tubing and bends.

$200NZD per plate plus shipping

20220219_131751.jpg
received_5191842440836608.jpeg
20211206_182332.jpg

DimKa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dimitrios
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi VR4 Legnum Type V
Lack of intrest so nothing eventuated. I wasnt going to fork out thousands and thousands of dollars of my own money to have these made only to have them sit on a a shelf and not sell.

Im still keen to develop a billet intake as my cnc machining capabilities are ever growing. Finding free time to design it is my problem at the moment.
How far into the design process have you gotten into? I've seen your prototype and assumed it was at the revision stage regarding clearance. I understand that's an over-simplification but your project has really peaked my interest. Would you ever be willing to share the design files? I'm a bit of a physics/aerodynamics enthusiast haha.

The plenum plates are a very good idea and quite cost effective for a single turbo setup. I'll keep them in mind.

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Hey Adam, Are you still selling them?

incinr8

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
ben
Drive
liberty
did you ever end up making one for your own?
also how many plates do you still have left?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I finished my intake in the first post of this thread.

Still have 2 plates left

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
No worries. Im woring on the other design which replaces the lower runners. May be able to get it to sit lower.

Whats your max height so i can keep that in mind.
Sorry bud been a while since I been around my max would be 145mm from the v on cam covers where finger is. this is what I had to do to mine so it fitted on drivers side

20240214_160328.jpg
20240214_160433.jpg

Top Bottom