For Sale NZ EOI: Ported heads and or Custom profile billet cams

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Have a set of ported cylinder heads for sale.
they are not quite finished yet (hence the EOI) as the final state of them will depend on what the buyer wants.
The porting on the heads themselves is almost all finished.
They will come with a fresh 3 angle valve seat cut and resurfaced valves, also will be freshly surfaced and cleaned.

can also supply them with

-New valve stem seals
-Heavy duty valve springs
-Billet cams (As described later in the post)
-262 degree reground stock cams
-Lifters

Price is obviously dependent on what you want with them,
Just the bare heads will be cheaper than if you want the works, ie complete heads with springs, lifters, stem seals, cams and valves as a "ready to go bolt on"

PM me for a price and what you are intrested in am willing to ship to OZ of course, at the buyers expense.

Will update thread with pics when the port work is finished, and the heads are cleaned (as they are dirty and yuck looking at the moment)

Also I have for sale some custom cam billets. as they sit they are blank, this means the buyer gets to choose what profile gets put on them! anywhere from upwards of 262 degrees. Anything 262 or below your best just getting your stock cams reground.
Can do pretty much any profile you want. or can advise you on what profile to use for you cars power goals depending on what supporting mods you have.

they are made of 1040 or 1045 steel (I can't exactly remember made them a while ago now) but all the lobes will be induction hardened before they are finish ground.

Price will be around the $1800 NZD. Again PM if you are interested

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I may be interested, dependent on my $$ status in 1-2 months..
Cool. Ill try get some pics up in the coming week to show the ports and combustion chambers so you can all see what they look like compared to a stock port.

If there is enough interest Ill port up two more sets of heads and possibly lathe up some more cam billets too.. just need to find the time to actually do it in my weekends as its a labour intensive process

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
how much more power are we looking at for the complete bolt on set... maybe if you are thinking of doing some more if you can give us an indication of how much for the bolt on complete setup like a kit thing..

96vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
AJ
Drive
Legnum with twin GT25R upgrade.
Sounds great. +1 on estimate prices :)

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
how much more power are we looking at for the complete bolt on set... maybe if you are thinking of doing some more if you can give us an indication of how much for the bolt on complete setup like a kit thing..
Can't say what the power gains will be. because I dont know of any one who has done ported heads with big cam profiles. it also depends on your supporting mods, stock turbos, as usual will be the limiting factor. Ill come up with a price once I get the valve seats cut etc but if someone wants to buy a pair of complete heads, new seals, all cleaned, machined, ported with springs and cams I'll sell it a bit cheaper than selling all the bits individually..

Sounds great. +1 on estimate prices :)

will put up some prices for the heads when I know how much the valve job is going to cost me. 1 set is ported and Ive started on the second.

24 HD valve springs are $300

lifters will just be these http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/mitsubishi/engines/auction-633669092.htm

not 100 percent on the cost of valve stem seals but will find out

and the cost of the 262 regrind is 630NZD + cost of buying stock cams to regrind. as per usual

and billet cams are as above.

got some pics of the finished ports and combustion chambers, will upload them tonight. Heads are still dirty as I haven't sent them in to go through the wash tank. but good to illustrate what the ports look like to those intrested

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Aftermarket valve stem seals are around $50, genuine around $100 if I remember correctly

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Aftermarket valve stem seals are around $50, genuine around $100 if I remember correctly

Cheers! and that price is in AUD I assume

and just to re-inforce the point all the stuff I have put up is NZD so dont forget to convert to AUD

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
update

Right here are some pics of the ports. and pics of a stock head for comparison sake.

righto
to start off with heres some pics of the stock head
1-stock combustion chamber

20130901_135100.jpg

2-looking down the guts of stock intake ports

20130901_135144.jpg

3-looking down the stock exhaust ports

20130901_135133.jpg

4-casting marks on the intake ports. (didnt bother taking pics of the exhaust port casting marks as there was too much carbon build up.

20130901_135150.jpg

20130901_135237.jpg

Now onto the exciting pictures..

5-half finished combustion chamber next to a un touched one for comparison. as you can see the nasty lips around the valve seats are smoothed off

20130901_143214.jpg

6- completed combustion chamber, all the sharp edges smoothed off and polished up, also shows the smoothing off done to the end of the valve guides.

20130901_124903.jpg

7-looking down the exhaust ports

20130901_124936.jpg

8-looking down the intake ports

20130901_124947.jpg

9-Intake port, see how the bump before the valve guide has been blended into the rest of the port and the guide itself has been shaped a bit nicer then stock. also the ground out the ID of the valve seats as stock they have a nasty lip where the seat has been machined into the head. but now they are all smooth and polished up. also all of the tight radius's have been re-done to provide a much straighter path for the air to flow.

20130901_124744.jpg

10- Exhaust port. much the same as the intake

20130901_124843.jpg

That about sums it up.
Would like $2000NZD for the ported heads assembled which will be
-acid cleaned
-fresh 3 angle valve job
-refaced stock valves
-skimmed head-gasket surface for MLS head gasket
-Heavy duty valve springs
-New Valve stem seals
-Brand new zero tick lifters

so all you would need to do it put rocker arms and cams in and bolt them down

if you do want cams also Ill throw in some cam seals with it.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
sorry about all the photobucket links as the forum had a hernia when I tried doing direct images into the thread.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
$2000 is that each or both ?

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
Dumb question time... Would these modified cams make our cars lumpy?? Like V8s with big cams sounding tuff but coughing like they are gonna die at the lights. And then trying to crank it over and start with face going red then only realising that they just got beat by a 3 cylinder car with a lawnmower engine.
Well if you want to find out the power difference... I do not mind making my car the guinea pig. :tongue_smilie:

Top Bottom