Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Link to original post by JMO here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHat is every ones opinion of them? i think they look better on galants then Legnum's, and i don't think i would ever put one on my car, but i am interested on everyone eles opinion?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's one or two in the VR4 Mega Thread in the pictures section, but I'll post them here:

IMG_0120.jpg

i-BF2A5272-01.jpg

i-cf5.jpg

i-IMG_0523.jpg

sus9.jpg

G

Unregistered
On Galant's they look alright, same goes for the EVO style rear wings, but i am not 100% about them on a wagon, that's my personal opinion

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The evo bonnet looks best with the more angular style prefacelift bumper imho, while the curvier style shown there looks best with the facelift front bumper.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I prefer the ' monster' cf hood/bonnet which is the first pic..

2 main reasons..

1. it's not really the typical 'EVO' style vent and seems like the vents would actually do the job of dissipating the heat from the engine bay..
2. the air vent on the side seems directly on top of the battery.. which I believe is a good place to move the air filter..

IMG_0120.jpg

whoever's car this is.. can i buy it off from you?! pm me..

lovecolt

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Ralliart Colt Version R
Personally, i like the one opening evo style bonnet like the one on my ralliart colt. I think it will look good on Galant with the one opening bonnet.

photoshop anyone?

G

Unregistered
i want an evo bonnet for my super leggie.. i want a body kit first though.

G

Unregistered
I'm with naughtika, that's an awesome bonnet. Would definitely be on my list of things to do.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I don't think I'd get one, but then again I'm not into massive bonnets. Or carbon fibre to be honest...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
That bonnet is very good for removing hot air, the radiator fans blow air straight out through it, and it is just above the front turbo as well. The side vent is mostly useless though, it is a bit too far back to be used as a cold air intake and it is quite small as well.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
I agree with the view that they probably look better on Galants.

I did ask Brad about where to get them here, would definitely like to get one purely for heat dissipation but not sure if they come out in white?

My car is absolutely bog standard atm (standard wheels too) so I'm thinking that the carbon hood might look good combined with a set of black wheels, kind of like the white Legnum pictured on the top right of the forum page.

VR-4Fan

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ilya
Drive
MMC Galant VR-4 1997 Type S
The first one is the thing I'm dreaming of.:cool:
Guys, do you know the manufacturer of that bonnet??? I'm not pretty sure, but Erebuni seems to me is not manufacture them any more. But the some Moscow Erebuni dealer is offer me another variant. The tell me that they can do the same thing (I mean the bonnet holes, etc.) using my stock bonnet.

So I'm guessing, do they really can or cannot?

G

Unregistered
i would recommend speed factory aswell.

also the USDM galant bonnets fit our cars aswell with no issues.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
prefacelift bonnets are quite flat, while facelift bonnets have a slightly bigger bulge in the middle, and thats about it.

I have no idea if USDM bonnets are facelift or prefacelift design

G

Unregistered
Does anyone know if the EVO bonnets come in fibreglass as I would paint it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom