Evo intercoolers

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
Fitted my evo 8 intercooler today. Word of advice - It is not a simple install. 2 new brackets were welded on and a few modifications to the reo bar and front bumper were needed. But in saying that, it looks sick!

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
Fitted my evo 8 intercooler today. Word of advice - It is not a simple install. 2 new brackets were welded on and a few modifications to the reo bar and front bumper were needed. But in saying that, it looks sick!

Any pics of your install? My mate with an Evo 8 is upgrading his IC and the stocky is up for grabs. What sort of price should I be looking to pay for one in good condition?

xtech

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Legnum
A little off topic but.................
Twin Turbo Cooler not this but version with single out
20110203211003-1.jpg

Will this work for us? Is it more efficent ?

- Bar & Plate Aluminum Intercooler
- Core Size: 22"x11"x3"
- Overall size: 30"x11"x3"
- 2.5 Inch Twin Inlet & Single Outlet
- 3" Thickness Core

Will these dimensions fit as well

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Would be nice to do, but the problem is the piping route. It's too tight to fit 2x2.25" or 2x2.5" pipes through the chassis and under the headlight etc

xtech

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Legnum
Would be nice to do, but the problem is the piping route. It's too tight to fit 2x2.25" or 2x2.5" pipes through the chassis and under the headlight etc

Won't need to be that big of a hose to run from the turbo. Just expand out with adapter when reaching the inlet.
The hose from the rear turbo is small could keep it that size all the way forward same for the front turbo.

Got some boat flexible exhaust hose that would work perfectly..................if i tried

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
2" pipe would be ok for each turbo but actually fitting both through the small gaps might be a challenge. Go remove your bumper and headlight and see for your self.

Dunno how good the exhaust flex will be under pressure.

That said, if you can fit it and be bothered to actually go to all that effort then props too you.

xtech

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Legnum
I use exhaust flex in a Starlet holding 15psi so yeah it works.

yeah I know space is limited just want to is anybody tried

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
I have a mate at work who runs a "split" intercooler and he swears by it, but, and it's a big butt, he basically hand does everything AND it's not a legnum/galant where space restrictions are a major problem....

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
Ya can get some fairly amazing flexible pipe for sure but again flexible pipe still has external diameters which need to be accounted for. Square peg, round hole????

xtech

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Legnum
true......u are right

well if I run the rear turbo in the oem position an the front up an across as usual then back down to pass below radiator between the power-steering line and AC lines

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
Course people hav looked into it, there is just limited space.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
They are made for the VG30DETT which have a turbo on each side and an inlet throttle on each side.

Waste of time in our cars when there is one pipe per side already.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I did read that, but it applies anyway, why try and run two pipes in and make it more complicated than it has to be?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
oh yeah fair call. and "not me" would be answer to your question.

with no window washer bottle or aircon and a good hole saw, the twin pipe route would be viable.

xtech

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Legnum
why try and make it more complicated than it has to be?

Its because of the complications we have cars today otherwise we would have still been on horseback.
A little complication wont hurt right
new_all_coholic.gif

But I was curious to find out if anybody tried.

I guess not
icon_rolleyes.gif

Top Bottom