EVO Wagons

G

Unregistered
This will be a easy question for Ben or Christian to answer

Are Evo Wagon's eligible to import into Australia?

If so i think i would seriously think about getting one soonish

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Jase, afaik Evo XIII's weren't available locally, so they're eligible for import. Evo X's ARE going to be available from Mitsubishi Australia, however, so you won't be able to bring these in.

G

Unregistered
Where the wagon's evo's 8's or 9's?

and if you can bring a sedan 8 in, does that mean the wagon is the same, that is the big question? is it like the galant/legnum deal?

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
evo_wagon_ralliart.jpg

mmm Ralliart goodness ughhhh :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea and sorry, not certain if IX's were an authorised import or grey-market, sorry. Either Ben or Kristian should be able to help though :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
*flinches* Oh god they look like a Magna wagon from behind :(

Or is that a Lancer wagon? I forget, but damn that's ugly :(

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I think they look like a standard Lancer wagon with wheels from every profile except the front. :(
Still.. what a ride!

G

Unregistered
Yes they are eligible. Although the lancer wagon is sold locally the EVO wagon has a different silhouette (the flared guards) which is grounds for it being considered a different car to the one Mitsubishi Australia sold.... this is the same grounds under which the EVO's 6-8 can be imported even though Mitsubishi sold us the gaybo FWD Lancers of the same style.

I don't know why the EVO 5 is NOT eligible btw when it also has a different silhouette to the local cars, I think DOTARS just feels they are obliged to mess with us to keep up their image :)

I think in a few years someone will get compliance for them once prices in Japan drop a bit, I actually think an EVO 9 wagon is a badass sleeper....

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I'm gonna work on getting the Evo wagon eligible at some point. Wish me luck...

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
YEAH GO FOR IT

Good luck with the Evo Wagon,
By the time you get it done I reckon I will be due for an update to my 1990 VR4.
I will second the above comment!

"YOU DA MAN":D

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I am pretty sure the EVO sedan/wagon thing works the same as Galant/Legnum compliance ie: as they share a model code they are counted under the same compliance. Technically anyone who can comply an EVO VIII can comply an EVO VIII wagon. You need different compliance for Skyline/Stagea as they have different model designations. R34/W34 where are the Leggy/Gally are both EC5 and the Lancer Sedan/Wagon are both CT9.
As I have never looked into this but as we have the compliance for EVO VIII's I am sure I can find out. Will keep ya posted.
Cheers,
Jason

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Whilst I didn't do an official search ie: check with Canberra, I did ask the boss.
He agrees with me. The fact that they share a designation CT9 then the EVO wagons should be eligable for compliance under the same scheme as the EVO sedans.
Personally I think they would make a pretty cool sleeper, everyone would be like "why has this wanker put an EVO kit on his pov pack wagon" then ya shit on them off the lights lol
This is as per SEVS for a VII

Ruling:214/02 View Official Ruling Make:MitsubishiModel:Evolution VIIModel Code:CT9ACategory:MADate From:2000/09Date To:2002/12Conditions:GSR, RS & RS-2 & GT-A with 4G63 Turbo I/C engine, VIN CT9A-0000001 to CT9A-0104144.

And for a VIII

Ruling:332/02 View Official Ruling Make:MitsubishiModel:Evolution VIIIModel Code:CT9ACategory:MADate From:2003/01Date To:2004/12Conditions:GSR (195 kW), RS and MR, chassis numbers CT9A-0200001 to CT9A-0304064

So I guess if ya wagon falls in between these chassis numbers it will be okay to comply

badvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
marty
Drive
mitsti legnum
arnt evo wagons called liberos??this ones my buddys..i friggn cream every time i see it!!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
thats an older Libero wagon, they only made them in the same basic shape as the EVO 1-3's. They never called them EVO and they only came with 1.8l turbo'ed engines. Didn't stop every second person in NZ with one putting an EVO engine into it as well as the front bumper and side skirts :)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Cool, so when can i trade my 32 4 door in for an EVOIX wagon and have a Leggy and an evil EVO in the garage!@!

What $$ are they fetching in Japan auctions?

Top Bottom