Evo Wheels

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
offset won't affect that at all.

tyre size and diameter will affect it though.

G

Unregistered
Don't really know why you would want staggered offset on an AWD car?
most Rwd cars only do it because they are running fat rears

Width of rim will cause a variance in tire size and may hurt the diff as brad pointed out.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Don't really know why you would want staggered offset on an AWD car?
most Rwd cars only do it because they are running fat rears
Exactly - people do it for the look, as fat rear tyres look the bizniss!

Width of rim will cause a variance in tire size
Actually that's not true - you can get tires exactly the same diameter for varying rim width and even size. ;)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Actually that's not true - you can get tires exactly the same diameter for varying rim width and even size. ;)

But they will be different profiles eg. 225/45 are pretty close to 295/35's in diameter (on the same size rim of course) like you said, you can do it with different diameter rims too, but to much maths does my head in :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
225/45 and 255/40 line up quite close, and 235/45 and 265/40 are even closer.

There are also wheels out there that are available in different offets and dish sizes, but still the same width. IE one style of 17x8" might be available in 30mm offset with a 2" dish, 40mm offset with 1" dish and 2" dish.

So you could run the 17x8" 40mm all round, but have the 1" dish at the front and the 2" dish at the rear

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Hey Guys,

Touching on the dish sizes / offsets etc.

Im looking at getting a set of Lenso Wide Tracks 18X8.

They have a staggered look, If i wanted to order them like that other wise i can get the smaller dish for front for back also, but reading this confuses me a little bit.....

Take a look at this link http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=1088

That will take you to the wheels about half way down they have a cut out of the wheel and the offset actually remains the same for the wheels when staggered just the dish changes? from what I understand?

Would this affect the balance of the car at all? from my understanding I dont beleive so?

One last questions... surrounding the camber/fix mod, what is it referring too? a camber kit? wheel allignment? i dont have access to cvr4 if someone could spin me in the right direction it would be great.

Thanks guys,
regards,
brent

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yeah some wheel designs let you do things like that, which is quite cool. It will not affect the balance of the car at all.For the camber thing, you basically remount the top suspension arm slightly off from the car with washers. It is only really important if you are dropping the car by say 60mm at the back. My car is about 30-40mm down at the back and I haven't had any problems with tyre wear, I think I have 1.5 degree of negative camber.

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
just fitted evo 7 wheela with 225/45/17 they stick out just a bit at the front. but look great

Attachments

• NEW WHEELS 012.JPG
    NEW WHEELS 012.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 83
  • NEW WHEELS 010.JPG
    NEW WHEELS 010.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 93
  • NEW WHEELS 009.JPG
    NEW WHEELS 009.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 112
  • NEW WHEELS 007.JPG
    NEW WHEELS 007.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 81
  • NEW WHEELS 004.JPG
    NEW WHEELS 004.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 83

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Tony, that looks nice.. that makes me even more excited in getting my wheels fitted real soon :)

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
Guys sorry to be a dumbass but where do we all get the evo wheels from? There so common on Legnums im guessing they come like that from jap land? Or do I have to persuade an evo owner his wheels look crap and he should sell them to me?

Top Bottom