EVO X BBS 18x8.5" wheels purchased

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
large doesnt necessarily mean VIP. u can still get decent rims in larger sizes, just very hard to find and expensive.

just wait, ill make 19's look good. and legally we can go 19's as one of the options from factory is 215/25/17's. and with a 225/35/19 tyre, its only a 0.87cm overall diameter increase.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
215/45/17 is actually smaller than stock, and was NEVER a stock size. It's just what the silly Aussie compliancers put on the car. The two stock sizes were 205/55/16 and 225/50/16, both of which have rolling circumferences of about 1985mm. 235/40/18 is about as big as most people go, the rolling circ of that is 2026mm. 225/35/19 is under that at 2011mm, so 225/35/19's are perfectly fine on VR-4's

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i have 235/40/18 with an offset of 40 on the 8inch rims and erm.. yeah kinda like paper's thickness between the arm and the tire.. lol :D just at the back

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
i have 235/40/18 with an offset of 40 on the 8inch rims and erm.. yeah kinda like paper's thickness between the arm and the tire.. lol :D just at the back

That's why you're fitting 15mm bolt on spacers, isn't it? Isn't it? :p

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
who said 19s are too big,heres 20s on one in nz,bad offset but i actually like the choice of wheel
85526623_full.jpg

plus its the same colour car as mine so it get bonus points

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto

just out of interest do they protrude at the front at all?

G

Unregistered
Yes my 19"s are I think a tiny bit smaller then my 18"s were.
I had 225/45/18's and now 235/35/19's and they do look good as I even got phone calls from guys I know when I drove past they actually got of their bums and called me to say how good the car looks with the new rims.
They are also lighter then my 18's as well about 2-3 kg ea.
I will post pics tomorrow as I will take the car for a wash and have the internet back on at home.
I cant complain as they came with almost new yokahama advan sport tyres and all for $250US which is what 1 tyre will cost in OZ so I got them for 1 tenth of the price so even if I change them in the future if I ever spot a hond oddesey or some other poor mans Jap bomb with Volk's or enkei's I will straight away try and pull them over and get them to sell me their rims.
For now the Amistad rims look the business and I can not lower my car due to the crap roads so height is not a problem for me but we already took to the back wheel arches with a grinder and a rubber hammer and gave the rear wheels an extra 2cm clearance and no damage to the car. I SAY GO THE BACKYARD JOB as long as the result is nice doesnt matter how you got there.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
just out of interest do they protrude at the front at all?

they seem perfectly in line with the body ;) going to be getting a wheel balance and alignment in the next few days not sure if that will change anything, but its perfect at the moment.

Top Bottom