Evolution specs

G

Unregistered
Drive shaft measurements

I am really eager to find out the drive shaft measurements on the Evo X and the ralli spec front driveshafts.

I need spline counts and diameters and overall lengths from tip to tip of the shafts please

Reason for the question is that I wish to upgrade the brakes on our outlander for more stopping power over the Factory .

Iv tried Evo 7 hub carriers as a replacement with no luck.spline mismatch and Evo shaft diameter smaller.
I'm hoping either the CY or CZ hub carriers will fit and or find a matching spline or swap outer cups
Or even the shafts themselves provided lengths are the same.

Taylor

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taylor
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
CT9A use the same hubs as ac EC5 chassis.
Would it be possible to swap the outlander hubs into the evo carriers?

G

Unregistered
No coz the outlander hub is a pressed in bearing where the ct9a is a bolt in carrier, bummer ey....

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
Is it possible to make up adaptors?

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
the evo X has its abs sensors mounted differently than previous models from what i can tell
from the service manual:
"The ABS magnetic encoder for wheel speed detection has been integrated into the front wheel bearing, and the protector cover of magnetic encoder for wheel speed detection has been equipped to the driveshaft"

so i would guess it is either all evo x components (shafts and hub carriers) or none or the ABS wont work, even if all the evo x components were used the abs rotor spline counts would need to match the outlander ones aswell or the abs ecu will be confused with the pulse count

G

Unregistered
Waiting on info from states but aparantly my hunch is right..
evo 7 is the parts to use,at least the front cup from reading his reply..I'm aware of the abs differences But the Evo X runs a bolt on hub bearing and the Outlander a pressed in bearing with retainer clip. From what. Can tell off ASA that is

Top Bottom