Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Hey guys. Got this quote for a dump back for my 98 galant

------
Hi Ronan,

The 2x front pipes will be 2.5” obviously dual arrangement then it will go into single 3”,

We would also incorporate flex joint, hi flow 100cpi metallic substrate cat, single 3” system with small resonator and varex muffler.

All pipe wok will be mild steel, the varex muffler will be stainless

Cost will be $1700 complete.
------

Thoughts? This is from castle hill exhaust

Windsor exhaust couldnt give me a quote without viewing the car but said 3" would sound horrible.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
3" is pretty much what most have (the 2.5" from dump into a 3" is normal) and don't think it'll sound horrible if done well, strange coming from Windsor exhaust because I remember a few went to them here and highly recommended them.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Also saying all that, castle hill exhaust do good systems as well.
So either way I think you'll have a good system, as for price, honestly dunno if $1700 is normal.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
1700 including front pipes is cheap ish, but if you want full stainless, give us a yell

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Im on a bit of a budget since the car isnt registered so might stick to mild for now.

Might hit you guys up soon to tell me whats been done to the car that you can see and maybe a tune

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
If your on a budget just see if anyone is selling a second hand cat-back for the now and later when you get more funds do a proper system.

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
need pretty much the full system though

KRAVITZ

Idling at the Lights
First Name
KRAVITZ
Drive
MITSUBISHI 380 (2007)
MITSUBISHI GALANT VR-4 (2001)
Hey guys, CPG quoted me $2300 for Front pipe back exhaust
system with high flow cat (stainless steel) no mufflers or resonator.

Should I go for it? or getting ripped off?

would appreciate your opinions or recommendation for a different exhaust shop if cheaper than that.

It's for my 2001 Galant

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
That is extremely expensive jesus. At that price point you are better off importing a nice catback new and getting a 100 cell put on.

A nice stainless catback and highflow cat should be about 1k.

2300 with all the piping, including dumps would be a bit better. Front pipes back is horrible...

Corrupt

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
Daily: 1998 Galant VR-4
Project: 1934 Ford Roadster
This is the system i have on my Galant (as an example, all purchased in 2019):

RPW Front pipe - $450
Custom 150 cell cat - $100
Fujitsubo Legalis R Type Cat-Back- $1400

Total - $1950

Its not excessively loud or droney, but at the end of the day i wanted something that bolted up no issues at all and not put into a shop.

KRAVITZ

Idling at the Lights
First Name
KRAVITZ
Drive
MITSUBISHI 380 (2007)
That is extremely expensive jesus. At that price point you are better off importing a nice catback new and getting a 100 cell put on.

A nice stainless catback and highflow cat should be about 1k.

2300 with all the piping, including dumps would be a bit better. Front pipes back is horrible...
I knew I was getting ripped off by them cause I did a 3'' straight piping stainless steel on my 2007 Mits 380 (loud af) & that cost me around $900.

KRAVITZ

Idling at the Lights
First Name
KRAVITZ
Drive
MITSUBISHI 380 (2007)
This is the system i have on my Galant (as an example, all purchased in 2019):

RPW Front pipe - $450
Custom 150 cell cat - $100
Fujitsubo Legalis R Type Cat-Back- $1400

Total - $1950

Its not excessively loud or droney, but at the end of the day i wanted something that bolted up no issues at all and not put into a shop.
I have the RPW front pipe in mind but wasnt sure if it would actually but now thats confirmed.
And for the fujitsubo, I found 3 kind of that exhaust on garage88 site but not sure which one the right one.

I will have the links below so would appreciate if you could let me know which one is the right one.

https://www.garage88.com.au/product/fujitsubo-super-r-exhaust-for-legnum-vr4/

https://www.garage88.com.au/product...ust-for-mitsubishi-legnum-vr4-ec5w-1998-2002/

https://www.garage88.com.au/product/fujitsubo-legalis-r-type-evolution-exhaust-for-legnum-vr4/

Though it says legnum but I doubt the back bit is different from galant.

Thanks in advance.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Galants and Legnums have slightly different lengths by memory, mostly towards the end of system (muffler side)

Since you have a Galant, get the Galant version, those 3 webpages you posted look confusing but

The first link you posted looks to be the galant one, I know it says Legnum but also states EC5A (guessing for the sedan/Galant) and I’ve had that system on my cars, excellent choice if you ask me.

Second link says legnum and states EC5W so my guess would be if for the Legnums.

Third link says Legnum and states EC5A so my guess would be it for the Galant but typo saying Legnum. So should suit yours too.

But you’d wanna call them and confirm before ordering, so first or third link and they have different style mufflers, really comes to your choice, but if me the first one would be my choice for the EC5A.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Legnum exhaust fits Galant, the tip needs to be shortened/adjusted.

My complete exhaust came off a Legnum, i just cut off the tip and TIG'd it back on.

edit - my exahust is made up of:
front: pro shop iida
back: fujitsubo legalis
cat is a 3" magnaflow.

KRAVITZ

Idling at the Lights
First Name
KRAVITZ
Drive
MITSUBISHI 380 (2007)
Legnum exhaust fits Galant, the tip needs to be shortened/adjusted.

My complete exhaust came off a Legnum, i just cut off the tip and TIG'd it back on.

edit - my exahust is made up of:
front: pro shop iida
back: fujitsubo legalis
cat is a 3" magnaflow.
Hey, where did you get the front from?

Top Bottom