Exhaust system - Group buy?

Register your genuine interest in buying an exhaust!

• Total voters
G

Unregistered
NOTE: I've added a poll so I can count how many people are interested - if I can get at least 5 people to commit to front pipes then Trufit will make them up - I'll get shipping prices when we have the numbers. The price on the cat back is available with or without group buy.

Hi all,

Just picked up my car from Trufit Exhaust in Moorabbin - had them fit a 3" mandrel bent cat back system to the Legnum and it turned out great! They have always looked after me there with previous cars and have done a great job on the Legnum. It's a quality system, sounds great too.

So I was wondering if anybody else was looking to do their exhaust, as I arranged for some good prices from Trufit based on a group-buy.

Prices (min 5 orders) will be:

Front pipes off turbo - $370
Cat back 3" system - $600

Full system (excluding cat, given we have new cats fitted at compliance) is $970.

Post if you would be keen and I'll arrange it if there's enough interest! My car with just the cat-back is below:

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Man, if they were in QLD I'd be in for sure - will be interested what price a full turbo back would cost.

cheers

Lee

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I've been thinking a stainless split-pipe exhaust would be the go, eventually - love the look of twin-pipe VR4s! :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Mine already has an HKS super drager cat back...I think I'll be getting all my exhaust done by my mate in bega. He's also going to redesign all the intercooler piping etc. I'll be working on this car for a long time lol But your idea would be good for someone looking for an off-the-shelf kit

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
As well as the Cat Back, get them to price you on the dump pipes (from the back of the turbos, to the cat) there will be a heap of people interested in these in a few months/years.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I agree with Hawks. A lot of people will be interested in the dump pipes cost. I know I am and I don't have my car yet. Hopefully before christmas at this rate. So dump pipes for christmas would be great

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
How loud is the 3inch??? What fajizzle are you running from cat back?? (Brands and are they high flow) Did you get a high flow cat too??? Interested in this stuff, cause the Club Vr4 guys complain the 3inch is too loud for day to day drivin. IF anyone does this or knows the info, please post...
My last car was well over 98db the legal level in SA, i think, but sometimes i wished it could be still legal so i ain't watchin the rearview all the time. Nothing worse than seeing some lights just pop up and you know your a goner, lol.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i'd like to know the price for a full exhaust (turbo to tip) then I might be interested..

also will this include stuff like Cat, resonator(s)

I dont think i want my car noisy like my previous one.. i like how its quiet and all..

also can you record the sound of your exhaust? while idle, reving it, accelerating from standing point (inside the car and outside the car), also while driving - driving 40kph 3rd gear down gearing to 2nd then full throttle.. as well as from 80kph from 4th to 3rd.. then full throttle as well..

am i asking for too much?

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
i'd like to know the price for a full exhaust (turbo to tip) then I might be interested..

also will this include stuff like Cat, resonator(s)

I dont think i want my car noisy like my previous one.. i like how its quiet and all..

also can you record the sound of your exhaust? while idle, reving it, accelerating from standing point (inside the car and outside the car), also while driving - driving 40kph 3rd gear down gearing to 2nd then full throttle.. as well as from 80kph from 4th to 3rd.. then full throttle as well..

am i asking for too much?

I dont know if you would be able to use the same exhaust as the legnum, wouldnt the exhaust be different for the legnum compared to the Galant?

Does anyone know if it is?

G

Unregistered
they are the same,

legnum/galant exhausts are exactly the same.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yep galant or legnum they are all the same.

A 2.5" or 3" exhaust will be fine, mine sounds fantastic!

G

Unregistered
Bump, added reasonably crappy quality vid of my car at startup, a few revs, then idle. This is just the cat-back.

I'll arrange a group price on this system tomorrow as well as a full system including front pipe and cat. I'll base it on a group buy of 5 and we'll go from there.

G

Unregistered
Trufit have quoted $970 for a full system (exc. cat) and only $370 to do mandrel bent pipes off the turbos into a collector and through to the cat which I thought was good. Added prices to the first post, now just looking for numbers!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I am keen on the front pipe for sure.

Oh, and I like you video Scott :D

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Would it be practical to freight a system up to QLD??

I haven't had a chance to get any quotes up here as I don't have a car to show them :(

Maybe I should just get the front pipe...

Lee

G

Unregistered
Front pipe is a great price and would be easy enough to ship. From the cat back, it's quite a simple system and any exhaust shop could do it easily enough.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
QLD fellas.. why dont we all buy in bulks? like say 5 front pipe since, that's what we need more than the cat back... then get a local shop to make us a catback system... it might end up being cheaper..

anyone?

Top Bottom