qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
POWER: Fantastic coming from holden bombadoore subaru liberty
Handling: not as good as my 2004 subaru but my tyre's aren't great
FUEL: better than the comodoore(14l/100) and 63 bettle(15.5l/100)
Reliability:eek:wned 1 year no problem just keep eye on things
COMFORT: Should have recaros stock and facelift int looks a bit downmarket (2000 on is better)
Styling: AWESOME love the look of the car puts a smile on my face everytime i see it
OVERALL: Fantastic so good we are getting another one. can't go past the performance for the price and the overall utility of the performance wagon

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Perhaps people should also say whether they have an Auto or Manual and how that affected their expectations.

I got my first VR-4 in 2004. It was a 2002 model. Expected a nice car, and got an awesome one.
Never had any reliability issues. Never had any fuel economy issues.
The manual transmisison is great, and surprisingly, one of the few bits which is easy to mod (thanks to it being essentially the same as on the Evo)

Peformance was good coming from a non-turbo history, but soon got a touch boring due to the effortless delivery. Was easy to fix and relatively cheap. Now is excellent. Top end isn't great, but area under the torque curve is brilliant for driving.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
and i can just picture them all too.

all with protruding oil coolers and insane offset deep dish wheels.ahah

did that 626 have the 2.2 l turbo motor?

good to see youve still got your first car

Nah my offset qualifications aren't 100% legit... Celsior was the first one with tough offset (19x9 & 10 Work Rezax, "credit card fitment"). I'm ashamed to say the first Silvia rocked 17x7 +40s. :(

626 was not the 2.2, it was the earlier 2 litre single point fuel injection pile of .....

Just so I don't go wildly off topic, I'll add my thoughts on the styling of the Galant:

Superior. Love it. Honestly came up a lot better than I expected once I fitted the Grenades. I can not so humbly say that I think it is one of the best looking cars on the road. My favourite things are the bulging arches (look so good when you fill them) and the line that goes under the windows, bulges up at the car's "hips" and then tapers away - it is very close to the line on the '75 Galant and I love that there's a family resemblance there. Just need to get a new tow hook cover. Mitsubishi "lost" my order. :banghead:

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
626 was not the 2.2, it was the earlier 2 litre single point fuel injection

was only wondering because my mate had one,now hes got the mx6,the 2 door version,same motor,and hes modding the hell out of it for some reason,he got the works in it,masssive turbo,big injectors,i can get some pics of the engine.and hes still not as fast as the stock legnum

Top Bottom