Factory Flare - Option?

G

Unregistered
Page 166 of my owners manual states that a Flare may be fitted to our cars under the glovebox :ROFLMAO:

Has anyone still had a flare in their car after it's been imported? I'll scan the image later for everyone's reference.

"Flares - are not required in New Zealand under normal circumstances. However should your vehicle still have the factory fitted flare use is simple"

WOW, I WANT A FLARE IN MY CAR!

G

Unregistered
usually removed during compliance if it had one.

my 33 had one, must have been expired though, didnt go very far

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
All of them came with the flares but in NZ they are all removed when the cars come into the country

Bad-Karma

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4
My leg still had the flare in it when I bought it. I took it out tho as I'd rather not chance the risk of someone setting it off in the car.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
haha... i have wondered what the clips were for. I thought a small fire extinguisher perhaps, but obviously not.

G

Unregistered
:(

Not only do I miss out on strange Japanese things being left in my car, I also miss out on flares!

At least I know the previous owner was very neat and tidy, and that my compliance workshop did exactly what they're meant to do though!

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
As far as I am aware the "Flares" are classed as explosive devices and are supposed to be removed whilst the car is in quarantine or undergoing there inspections and cleaning when they come off the boat. If not their, they should be removed and disposed of whilst undergoing compliance.
Seems like someone hasn't been doing there job right.
I don't think it's illegal to have one in the car as long as it meets Australian Standards. Then again I could be blowing smoke out my *&%ss.

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
:(

Not only do I miss out on strange Japanese things being left in my car, I also miss out on flares!

At least I know the previous owner was very neat and tidy, and that my compliance workshop did exactly what they're meant to do though!

Yeah , i put mine in myself. , Post compliance.

G

Unregistered
I have still got mine in the car. Compliance left it in they said that i might wont to have some fun with it one day???

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I visited my car at the compliance shop and snuck out with the flare. It is now back in the car! I somehow have one for my Silvia too, so I'm doubly special.

G

Unregistered
I was speaking with a mate of mine who deals with a fair few imports. He said all cars in Japan are legally meant to be fitted with them in case they get lost in the snow. He said Capuccino's will even carry them (as an example).

So it turns out I'm a goose for never knowing this small fact! Maybe Australian cars should be fitted with a 2 litre bottle of Mount Franklin in case we get lost in the desert?

G

Unregistered
we take them out of the car when we get them.. its better because some people have used them in road rage incidents..
but bugger it i still have mine and a box full at work.lol

G

Unregistered
i have mine! say....if one were to put a flare up for sale what would it fetch????? bidding starts at.............................................

Top Bottom