Fake Super VR-4 Badge

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I've got a Super, & there is no extra badging on them.

What you have there though, is a special 'S' edition of the already rare Super. The 'S' stands for 'Supercharged'. In addition to the twin TD03 turbochargers, Mitsubishi also added a supercharger (like the VW twin-charge system) to also add even more lowdown torque. It turned it into an absolute rocket when you launched it!
Mitsubishi also upped the boost to 12psi standard on these models, & also were trialling a unique version of an INVECS-IIa tiptronic that had an extra gear, making it 6-speed.
Unless someone has put that badge on there though as a joke & it's not one them.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Stupid Mitsubishi... what's so "Super" about sticking an Autiptronicto in your high-end model :s

:D

I heard it had something to do with this guy:

gay_al-717096.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
mate i can get you one, 100.00AUD, let me know ;)

*cough bunnings cough*

werrior

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Derry
Drive
Galant 8G
I've got a Super, & there is no extra badging on them.

What you have there though, is a special 'S' edition of the already rare Super. The 'S' stands for 'Supercharged'. In addition to the twin TD03 turbochargers, Mitsubishi also added a supercharger (like the VW twin-charge system) to also add even more lowdown torque. It turned it into an absolute rocket when you launched it!
Mitsubishi also upped the boost to 12psi standard on these models, & also were trialling a unique version of an INVECS-IIa tiptronic that had an extra gear, making it 6-speed.
Unless someone has put that badge on there though as a joke & it's not one them.

That's very informative of u brad, never know super got supercharge edition, how bout the Rear Gold VR-4 Emblem ?

G

Unregistered
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha x eleventybillion!!!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Derry, I own an 8G Super VR4 and there's no need for a badge.

The red carpet, MoMo/Recaro interior (seats, steering wheel, handbrake), purple hi-vis dash and the crazy bodykit/rear wing is more than enough :)

With all the added weight and being the Series 1 auto... ended up being the slowest of all the 8Gs. Relatively speaking of course!

werrior

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Derry
Drive
Galant 8G
Derry, I own an 8G Super VR4 and there's no need for a badge.

The red carpet, MoMo/Recaro interior (seats, steering wheel, handbrake), purple hi-vis dash and the crazy bodykit/rear wing is more than enough :)

With all the added weight and being the Series 1 auto... ended up being the slowest of all the 8Gs. Relatively speaking of course!

and I plan to get the purple hi vis dash, crazy front bumper and huge rear wing for x-tra weight, guess i'm ricer to the max LOL

still after those x-tra weight, auto trans or anything end up being the slowest all of the 8G, it still dominate usual VR-4, why ? Because it's SUPER LOL :D (joke)

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
so the S emblem on the galant below here is also fake ? Damn and I though it was genuine Super badge

1.jpg
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I was going to buy a super, but like yourself, couldnt find one with a 'super' badge. Seriously whats the point of having a super vr4 without a badge telling people!! The only clue it being a super is the excessive 2-tone body kit, but whos ever going to notice that!?

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback
so the S emblem on the galant below here is also fake ? Damn and I though it was genuine Super badge

1.jpg

That 'S' looks like it's off a Ford Focus badge.

Just need to find someone who wants to drive around in a Ford Focu and you're away.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
The 'S' looks like the chrome ones u buy from autobarn. It looks really CHEAP n ugly IMO

Temptation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
JJ
Drive
VR4
I was going to buy a super, but like yourself, couldnt find one with a 'super' badge. Seriously whats the point of having a super vr4 without a badge telling people!! The only clue it being a super is the excessive 2-tone body kit, but whos ever going to notice that!?

hahahaha Thats another reason why that there isn't much Super Vr4 around too =) Because of the Badge

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Troll? srsly

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
serious talk, pm me, ill get you one. we can talk price

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Hahahahaha ahhhh I hadn't read any of this thread until this morning. Great.

Top Bottom