First look: Rally-spec WRX

G

Unregistered
Man. If the road-going STI looked as good as this, I'd have a very different opinion of the new WRX. As it is, I'm all about the Evo, but boy does this rally-spec STI look good! I can see people buying the STI and sinking a lot of money in it to get it looking like this. After all, it's allegedly a damn good car; just bloody horrible to look at!

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news_details.php?id=560

subwrc08conc_front.jpg

subwrc08conc_rear.jpg

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Sorry Van it does nothing for me. Looks like it's got a fat ass. I was going to mention Mother-in-law and fat ass in the one sentence but I figured that would get me in BIG trouble with Mel-D.

That's not to say that it wont grow on me.

cheers
Peter_D

G

Unregistered
Haha you don't have to apologise man, everyone has different tastes yo!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I quite like the fat ass, but the front is a bit too long. Anyway, it's turbocharged and 4wd so it has to be alright !!

Harves

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rob
Drive
Formally a 1990 Mitsubishi Galant GSR until someone smashed it.
Sorry Van it does nothing for me. Looks like it's got a fat ass. I was going to mention Mother-in-law and fat ass in the one sentence but I figured that would get me in BIG trouble with Mel-D.

cheers
Peter_D

LOL @ Peter_D

Still doesn't apeal to me....

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I don't mind it, but they need to make a twin turbo version of the H6 3.0l engine. Then I would consider a subi

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I quite like the fat ass, but the front is a bit too long. Anyway, it's turbocharged and 4wd so it has to be alright !!

I like da junk in da trunk iiiiaaaaaaaattttttt.... Ssssshhhhheeeeeeeettttttt....

Although it reminds me of a Poogot (Peugeot)... It's not so bad... Could be worse, I once owned a Brown VB Commodore... Mmmmm vinyl seats, bits of skin ripping off on hot days, damn those were the days...

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Muahaha - ja my mate had an old skool F150 with a vinyl seat that was cracked to hell and gone and it would adhere to skin like nobody's business... coupled with that was the cracked seat pinching exposed skin when u sat on it if wearing shorts... urgh

I once owned a Brown VB Commodore... Mmmmm vinyl seats, bits of skin ripping off on hot days, damn those were the days...

G

Unregistered
Why didn't they stick with the Sedan :( I know that the hatch style car will be better for rally, but it looks like poo, Or a Daewoo

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Its not great, but its better than the last subie they released.. eww, than front grill looked like shit on a stick.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
IMO Subaru have been going out of their way to design ugly cars for about a decade, starting with the bug-eyed WRX of the late '90s :confused:

Then again, given Mitsubishi's efforts of the last five years, those who life in glass houses... :rolleyes:

Err, I'm confused - are we still talking about your mother-in-law's ass?? If so I think its fairly safe to say that's not a very healthy relationship :(

Top Bottom