NSW First post, not new

macsimo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Simon
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Hi guys,
I am not new to the forum but this is my first post. I have a 1999 Legnum VR4.

I've had the car for a little over a year now. On Thursday morning as I pulled up to park in a carpark it started smelling of petrol and the revs where jumping up and down in park. After work, the car wouldn't start so got a mate to jumpstart it for me so I can move it out to the street to get it towed to Meek. They did a diagnosis and told me the fuel has flooded the engine. They put in 2nd hand injector and spark plugs and told me it was safe to drive so I took it home. They told me to drive it around to get rid of the fuel smell. I drove it to work the next morning and as I got close to work I started to feel small misfires. After placing the car in park, the revs were bouncing up and down so I turned the engine off. That afternoon, I got my workmate to jumpstart the vehicle again to drive it down to the street. I haven't spoken to Meek yet seeing as they are closed.

Love to hear your feedback.

Cheers,
Simon.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hi Simon,

I know you're not new, but you still get a template. I hope you can sort your issue out.

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.13e

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default. For full access you need to be a Premium Member ($15 a year):
- Upgrading your account

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

macsimo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Simon
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Where can I get new or 2nd hand injectors.
Cheers.

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
If you were going to replace injectors it may be worth considering an upgrade (depending on if you have any other supporting mods yet).

If you don't have your car modified yet, or aren't interested in tuning the car at a later date, just stick with a new / second hand pair of OEM injectors either from TME Steve or various other popular VR4 part stockists. Meek should have them too.

Top Bottom