International First vr4

Mikhailkeanu

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mikhail
Drive
8th gen vr4 galant
Hey guys, just got my hands on my very first 8th gen vr4 galant. It is basically a bone stock car with maybe the exception of a 3 inch exhaust. Is it possible to get these cars into the 13 second bracket with the stock twins and some upgrades? What would you guys suggest that I do in order to reach my goal?

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
I think you should speak with @raj he is resident T&T expert. I know he runs 11s with a single setup. See his YouTube channel here

Off the top of my head I think it could be possible with high flowed stock turbos and the usual upgrades; intercooler, fuel pump, injectors etc.

What I worry about is the driveline during the launch, these things are relatively fragile stock and dislike launches.

Mikhailkeanu

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mikhail
Drive
8th gen vr4 galant
I think you should speak with @raj he is resident T&T expert. I know he runs 11s with a single setup. See his YouTube channel here

Off the top of my head I think it could be possible with high flowed stock turbos and the usual upgrades; intercooler, fuel pump, injectors etc.

What I worry about is the driveline during the launch, these things are relatively fragile stock and dislike launches.
My car is already being sort out by him but trying to do my own research as well so I don't overpower him with questions. I figured as much about the launches because I know that these transmission don't like any abuse and are prone to blowing up.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
You will be able to easily run 13's with some bolt on and a tune. If your worried about drive line issues change the diffs. install LSD diffs as they are they are the weak point

Mikhailkeanu

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mikhail
Drive
8th gen vr4 galant
You will be able to easily run 13's with some bolt on and a tune. If your worried about drive line issues change the diffs. install LSD diffs as they are they are the weak point
Yep because I find that as stock as it is, it feels a bit underwhelming for being a v6 twin turbo. I know the full potential of the car is unlocked through a couple easy mods and some tuning.

Top Bottom