FL BALL JOINT/ CONTROL ARM

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Ok as i understand the front left ball joint/ Control Arm is a recalled part on the si legs n gally's. Who has had this part replaced? how much did it cost? How long did it take to get? and were you able to use the U.S. equivelant? Also is it only the front left or will the right become a concern aswell? :p

G

Unregistered
It's both left and right arms that are subject of the recall but in the UK the replacement parts and labour are free .It should be the same in Oz but from what others have said in the past I don't think it is

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Peter,

Is there any recall documentation (from Ripsubishi) we can bash local dealers about the head with?
Might be handy for locals to go armed with, I'm happy to try with my local dealer here..... Would be interesting to see what they say/do!!

Would I be right in thinking the rectification would have been done to most of our imports while they were being serviced in Japan???

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The part is only $100 over here for one side and $120 for the other, I can't be bothered trying to get the recall done so I'm just buying the arms.

G

Unregistered
I don't think there is but the Mitsi website to check recalls seems to imply any work is free of charge. There are quite a few including my one that has had work done to rectify the recalls. Sometimes it can take a few months though for Japan to confirm with the dealer that work hasn't been done and to give the go ahead.

Peter,

Is there any recall documentation (from Ripsubishi) we can bash local dealers about the head with?
Might be handy for locals to go armed with, I'm happy to try with my local dealer here..... Would be interesting to see what they say/do!!

Would I be right in thinking the rectification would have been done to most of our imports while they were being serviced in Japan???

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I ordered HJ galant lower control arms L & R from a suspension workshop in Adelaide, cost me $350 supply only.

gtodave

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
david einam
Drive
galant 7g & 8g
there are lower control arms on ebay for galants 94/99 ,both lower arms left and right (4 arms)
for 250 delivered.
i bought a set for my hj.
them were delivered very quickly from china.
they looked ok to me and fitted as they should.
david

Top Bottom