Any updates?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
He bought a 1000 dollar facelift auto legnum. We are collecting manual bits so we can swap the forged engine into the legnum and flick the galant, because wagon master race! When we do the swap we will be doinga proper fuel system and possibly a single turbo. Then dyno tune hopefully.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
What does it cost to forge these engines these days ? I see rpw sells a block forged for about $5000. need to transfer own heads ect i am looking into all this at moment, i want engine forged and heads done with cam regrind then go single turbo in my fto.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
That's like asking how long is a piece of string? Price depends on how far you go with an engine build and the quality of the components you use. Send me a PM of you wanna have a chat about engine building/porting/cams

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
We swapped the rear lsd from the galant to the legnum and thats about as far as it got before Carl moved to a different city. Unfortunatly I haven't had much contact with him but as far as I'm aware it still his daily driver.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
No never had an issue
You can run a bottoming tap down all the threads if you need to sink the studs in a few extra mm for clearance.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Yes Adam, sorry for mistyping, The bolt is not the issue but the ARP main stud lock nut is. bigger than stock of course, so will hit the oil pan. did you find it too? we'll port the oil pan anyway :D

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
The nuts are not an issue they clear fine. Just looks like you need to tap with a bottoming tap all the way to the bottom of the holes and sink the studs in deeper, like i just suggested.
These are the things you should always check before assembling an engine, because your going to have to take it apart again now..

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
The nuts are not an issue they clear fine. Just looks like you need to tap with a bottoming tap all the way to the bottom of the holes and sink the studs in deeper, like i just suggested.
These are the things you should always check before assembling an engine, because your going to have to take it apart again now..

Okay, Adam will recheck it again this week end. Thanks for respond BTW I use ARP Evo Main STUD,p/n 207-5401, what yours?

Jonhed

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jonty
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum vr4 FL
I've just read this entire thread which has got me so exited but only to come to a inconclusive end with no final results or figures :(
Biggest tease of my life...

Top Bottom