FOUND: ALLOY INTERCOOLER PIPING

Mrk_VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1998 VR-4 Legnum
I'm interested in the pipes, and maybe the intercooler to, but which cooler are we talking as they have two listed for the 6A13TT? I'm assuming it's for the one with both inlets at the bottom and not the one with one inlet at the bottom and the other looped back at the top as i can't see how this one would fit those pipes. Got any specs on the size of the cooler?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
I have actually purchased a set of the intercooler piping today in Hong Kong . as I was desperate for piping, but I am still chatting with the guy in sydney. so leave it with me and I'll see what I can tee up.

Hey mate with the pricing you are teeing up is that for intercooler and pipe? Can we just get a better pricing on the piping?

G

Unregistered
Im very interested in this.

Is the hard-piping same size as standard? (Just curious). And would it be possible to get a larger intercooler (unless there is no extra benefit) something like 250mm tall rather than 180mm ?

Otherwise yeah, put me down for one as well :D

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Oh yeah sorry ....question are the pipes 2.5 end fittings for the FMC?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Anyone else had trouble? i clicked on it and I was transported ok.
Basically it is just the same thing we were talking about above but from what appears to be a different company - notiable interest is that it has 95-99 Galant 6A13T ...... but looks exactly the same as the above pictures....

It is the same pic...just the intercooler is cut out..

The link looks to go through to the actual company that produces the piping .... Guangzhou Golpher Radiator Co. Ltd

Attachments

• Piping1.JPG
    Piping1.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 38

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
well guys, i fitted my piping on Saturday, fitted perfectly no issues at all going to my current cooler.

The piping has given a noticeable performance gain throughout the rev range. Christian (Naughtika) also seen the piping today at our mini meet in brisbane.

If you have any questions let me know, I dont have any pics of it fitted sorry as my camera is overseas with gf.

Cheers,
brent

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
That's cool!! :D Glad to hear it.

It's interesting to note that it fits perfectly with your stock cooler, yet the one that they have as part of the kit (see pic three posts above) has the in and out at the same height...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I'd vouch for the pipes.. saw it yesterday when i met up with Brent.. build quality seems really good (welding) it's aluminum and shiny :D as opposed to the factory metal pipes it would be alot lighter.. if i had the spare cash now.. i'd get it but unforunately I don't

G

Unregistered
good find brent.. you will definatly find more power as the stock pipes flex and the flow will be better as the metal pipes are smother inside compaired to the rubish rubber ones..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Yeah I would be in for a group buy

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
That's cool!! :D Glad to hear it.

It's interesting to note that it fits perfectly with your stock cooler, yet the one that they have as part of the kit (see pic three posts above) has the in and out at the same height...

i dont have a stock cooler, I have a 600x300x76 its been in the car for almost 3 months...

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
ok, for all that are can commit to a group buy defiantly I ask that you please PM me so I can get numbers much easier then I will contact the guy and see what we can arrange, please also specify if you want just piping or cooler and piping. and also if you want piping with BOV outlet pipe already welded or just a piece of tube supplied so you can relocate if you please. the piping I got already had the BOV outlet welded as you can see in the pics I posted a few days ago.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I am a total n00b at this, sorry... do we need silicone joints to attach the pipes? Does that even make sense? Do these come with the pipes? Or do I need to find them elsewhere?

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Hi Derek,

Should be able to tee something up for you, Ill keep it in mind , leave it with me.

Cheers,
Brent

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Should be able to tee something up for you, Ill keep it in mind , leave it with me.

Thanks Brent

I also forgot to mention that I don't know enough to know whether I need the BOV thingy welded on or not. Did I mention I'm a n00b?

Derek

Top Bottom