Friday January 19th 2018 Gatecrashing the SECMAC meet at IKEA + Burgs!

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Alright kents, time for a January SEQ OZVR4 meet!

I've finally finalised the details for our meet on Friday January 19th 2018.

We'll start at Getta Burger Underwood at 6pm for dinner and a pre-meet. Address is 2770 Logan Rd, Underwood (Corner of Logan Rd and Underwood Rd). Most of you will have had Getta Burger before and know that it's a quality feed. This will also give us a chance to catch up a look at each other's rides etc.

Then for the MAIN part of the meet, we'll be 'gatecrashing' (it's open to everyone but it sounds better having a badass crew of VR4s gatecrash) SECMAC 1st birthday meet at Ikea Slacks Creek.

Facebook link for that event here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/541391419603295/

The idea is the cruise from Getta Burger to that meet around 7-7.30 - so if you can't make Getta Burger beforehand let me know because it would be great to have everyone arrive at the Ikea meet at the same time.

Hit me up if you've got any questions - hope to see lots of people there. Tell your mates!

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
I'm in the same boat man - will be taking my Legnum to work and heading straight there at 5.

Even if you can make Getta Burger by 7pm so we can all head over to the meet together that'd be awesome. I'm told there will be food trucks there so you won't go hungry ;)

Boblobsta

"I'll keep it stock"
Lifetime Member
First Name
Bob
Drive
2001 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Type-V
1976 Leyland Mini Panelvan
I'm heaps keen, my work is just down the road so I'll be at Getta burger nice and early and I'll try hold down the fully sick carparks for the lads.
Looks like my impromptu Sydney trip is diverted to Sunday now wooooo!!!

Did you see the update for the SECMAC IKEA event that they have to first park cars up top and then overflow to the underground carpark? Not much we can do about it we'll just have to see what the occupancy looks like when we arrive.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
Yeah, hopefully there will be some spots up top for us. If not we'll park below and move up later for pics once people start to leave.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
What an awesome turnout we had last night! I think at one point we had 10 VR4s, as well as 2 6th Gen Galants.

Unfortunately the meet we went to was a little on the shit side but the VR4 meet was top notch.

Fantastic to see a few old faces from when I first got my Legnum and always great to meet a couple of new owners for the first time.

Thanks very much to everyone who attended and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
It was great to catch up with everyone after a long absence from these events. Good chinwag and shit talk!
Our meet was much better than the meet we attended!

Paulies little mighty 6G monster fcuking flies. I had trouble staying with him. Power to weight is super impressive:p
Took me until today to realise why my car seemed slow. My power band is later in the rev range so traffic light runs against stock flex tuned, cars get the jump on me, my power is 1000rpm later. That said it did seem my car wasn’t running as normal. I’ll need to check the usual culprits for leaks etc.
Thanks Christian for showing us the latest LED projectors. They look pretty cool! And for pointing the gearbox oil leak. I’ll be checking that tomorrow.(y)

Great pics @Cameron McPherson (y)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Looks like it was fun lads. I would've come but Larry has decided to piss himself green inside. :(

Top Bottom