Front bar removal

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question regarding the removal of our front bars. How many screws are there holding it on and where are they. I am looking at removing the front bar after christmas / new year and install the intercooler. I would normally just spend the time searching for them, but as time is of the essence lately I will only have about 1 or 2 hours to do it. I guess it shouldn't take too long, but if I have a good idea where all the bolts are before I start then that would help. If someone could draw arrows on a photo that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

G

Unregistered
theres 2 screws each side holding it to the guard,

you need to remove the grill, 6 clips hold that on, clip them off with a screw driver,

then remove the headlights, 4 bolts on each of these,

then remove all the plastic bungs that hold the bumper skin on,
thats it.

G

Unregistered
As Carsten has already said although I removed the grill, the headlights then the front bar. With the clips push on the little tab BEHIND the clip, not the top or side of the clip itself. I don't have a picture of this but can take one tomorrow. If you push on the clip you might break one like I did.

I recommend doing the passenger side screws first when you get to the bar so you can see where they are, you'll need to remove the wheel arch lining, or at least remove the outer most screws so you can bend it out of the way. On the drivers side the window washer bottle is in the way of getting to the screw. Here is a picture below of the washer bottle and I've put the screw back in place. You can't get a screwdriver up in there, at least I couldn't, not even a stumpy I don't think! I could have been a bit retareded that day though.

img0141bj8.jpg

I didn't have to remove all the plastic bungs, they all came off with the bar? Oh yeah, DISCONNECT YOUR SPOTTIES. You may find your bar is connect in the middle at the bottom too, I had two bracket my bar *should* me bolted to but it wasn't (these are the brackets just undder the intercooler). Not sure if this was just mine or not.

So yeah, four screws and two bolts and that's all you need to remove. I was expecting something a little worse!

img0146ha5.jpg

I took all these pics on the weekend for the purpose of making this exact thread :) I had to pull my car apart to repair the power steering cooling pipe, I got a pinhole leak which caused all sorts of dramas. Fixed now though. You can see the grey shit I had to use on the right pipe just next to the intercooler.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
wish I had seen this thread earlier! my front bar got removed on boxing day to have repaired - we didnt need to remove both headlights though, just the drivers side. Theres not much space on that drivers side.

G

Unregistered
Best investment ever - uni joint for the socket set ;) It has paid for itself many, many times over already in the few years I've had it.

Oh drivers side headlight is easy, pull the top bit of the washer bottle off, makes that bolt heaps easier to get to :)

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
here is the postion of the bolts (fromcvr4) proberly a bit later but may help others.

Attachments

• bumper%20bolts.JPG
    bumper%20bolts.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 200
Top Bottom