Front Brakes - what do they come with standard?

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Hmm, I also have a slight amount of shudder under braking - I did treat them kid gloves (ie: light braking for 800kms) when I had them fitted.

If the truth be told I've never heard of these Bendix pads - I'm sure they'll work well enough with the standard discs which I'm using. Is there a URL or NZ distributor for them? I won't need them for another x amount of km's because the EBC's are quite new still but I'll definitely try them out next time around and draw a comparison between the two.

G

Unregistered
i've got a set of R33 calipers here from my written off skyline, of which i'm going to see how much work it is to put them on the legnum...

if they do work, i'll get the nissan writing grinded off, and probably get them powdercoated, and re-sealed.

i think they are for a similar sized rotor to the legnum, but being 4 pot front, and 2 pot rear, should make a difference, i know they were fantastic on my skyline.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Diameter 294mm
Original Height 46mm
Original Thickness 24mm
Minimum Thickness 22.4mm
Centre hole diameter 69mm

If you need the DBA part code it is DBA 417

Christian if you like I have the pair that I took off my car if you want to have a look for yourself.
Are the measurements the same for pre FL and FL?

G

Unregistered
I have been told that the EBC pads are made from Kevlar as well.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Brad thanks for the answer, lookin at going down the same road as Nick and ordering some rotors for the front (dba 4417xs) where from I dont know??

Need to get some pads in there ASAP tho, It shouldnt be a prob If I fit the pads in on the old rotors before I install the Aftermarket rotors right??

Good luck with your trip to Oz Brad

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
nahh, should be fine, you'll just need to bed the pads in with the rotors again.

DBA brakes should be readily available in their home country. They are easy to find over here!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
This thread is all over the place so I'll ask these two ....

What is the part number for the DBA slotted rotors to suit a FL Legnum ?

What is a good pad upgrade from stock ? (also brand & part number)

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
This thread is all over the place so I'll ask these two ....

What is the part number for the DBA slotted rotors to suit a FL Legnum ?

What is a good pad upgrade from stock ? (also brand & part number)

Front = DBA 417SL and DBA417SR (SL= Slotted Left and SR = Slotted Right)

Rear = DBA429SL and DBA429SR

Just add a 4 or 5 to the front for 4000 or 5000 series eg: DBA417SL = DBA4417SL (you can't get the 429 in the 5000 series)

I got 4000 series all round. They look the goods ! Not tried em out yet, I havent got my hubs yet :D

Oh, and EBC Greenstuff are good pads. Not sure what part numbers, Can anyone else help ?

Edit: Does this help ?
ebcleg.jpg

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Assets/2007ukautocat.pdf

Top Bottom