Front door outer trim rattling with audio bass

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Hi folks. I couldn't think of a more accurate title, so please correct me if I named it wrong, but the outer door trim on the driver and passenger doors rattles when I'm playing music. It's really annoying.

I would take it off and secure it using some Sikaflex when putting it back but I've been told that if I try to remove these the clips will snap. Does anyone have any guidance for me on safely removing these?

upload_2016-8-7_16-21-1.png

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Just that outer black strip is rattling?

Can you wedge something dampening under it without removing it? Maybe from the inside with the window down and the inner door card removed?

Or you could just turn the bass down :p

G

Unregistered
Thanks to @tiiimmyz and here's how to remove your tweeter covers safely..

Like you mentioned, it's only one screw but I have to take out the front small speakers and loosen the both side mirrors so I can get to the end of the seals. It's pretty easy fitting them but taking them off was a bit pain as I broke all my old one using too much force to removing them.

window-trim.jpg

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Righto I got them off. Well, I managed to unclip enough of each one that I could lift it enough to stick some butyl rubber under there and smoosh them back down until they clipped again.

The trick was to wind down the window, remove the screw at the rear of the door and then grab the piece near the screw, sort of levering the trim outwards. Once the rear clip had popped, I used a small hook under the trim, sliding along the trim until I could feel the next clip location. Using the hook to lever the trim away from the clip area, it would pop off and then I would move on.

No more rattle!

Top Bottom