Front Guard Replacement. Help!

leg_unit

Idling at the Lights
First Name
LEW11S
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
*apologies if this is the wrong area, wouldnt let me thread anywhere else :001_unsure:*

Hi all,

In December, i had a hit and run on my car, damaging my front right guard. Ive been quoted over $2500 from three different smash repair places and need something cheaper if possible. My car is a late 1998 PFL with pearl white paint, and iam just weighing up my options as to what to do.

1. Find a replacement guard from a wreckers, then have it paint matched? (If sure a peral white facelift guard would not fit. am i right?)

2. Cut my losses and have it done professionally?

If anyone has any suggestions on how to tackel this, iam all ear! Also, anyone with a wreckers contact in NSW that may have access to a guard would be fantastic. Any other help welcome.

I attempted to upload a picture also.

Cheers!!

Attachments

• leg1.jpg
    leg1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
id say find a guard that is already painted in pearl white and then switch them? youd prob be best looking at yahoo.jp or asking around in NZ but im sure shipping would be less than having to have it painted. then yeah id just say switch them yourself, pending where you are in nsw i wouldnt mind giving a hand - not that ive ever done it before but hey it cant be that bad can it? haha

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
You can't post in the Classifieds (where this should be) because you're not a member.

$5 donation will fix that :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Sure one could be found at a wreckers that would leave you with a fair bit of change From $2500. Become a member and post in the right section and im sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
That quote is probably using new parts from your local Mitsubishi Dealer.

Best to sign up and post something in the parts wanted section of the forum, i'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Failing that...try getting sourcing the fender (assumings all you need) from the legnum/galants being wrecked on Trademe NZ.

occassionally a few ones being wrecked come up on trading post as well...

Top Bottom